• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Explain your Username

:shock:
Well, the year was 1990 and I was a young and strong lad in search of my destiny. One day I was walking down the street minding my own affairs when an old wizened gizzard leading a mule stopped me and said "Young man, pull tabs are the gold of the future" and then, just like that, he walked off into the sunset.

I've been digging those suckers out of the ground ever since...
:lol: I've been doing much pull tab mining myself lately.

Well I spent a while trying to figure out a cool name that had to do with MD and realized I'm still a newb and not a cool detectorist yet. :jester: So, I see this cool and simple bat icon and remember the joint band name my daughter and I have on Guitar Hero where i'm this cool overweight rockstar with warpaint and an axe. I know I am a sad sad case. :roll:

Onaug is bat poo backwards. I am not very imaginative.

These types of threads are always fun! There have been others, but I can't seem to find them at the moment.

I was feeling nostalgic on a Memorial Day a number of years ago and started surfing the web for guys I was in the Navy with. Came across a Seabee site and had to register so I chose Seabee and my first name. Use it most everywhere now on Forums, makes life easier!:D:roll: Avatar is self explanatory!;)

My name is John Ryan Essman so jressman is my initials with last name. It's my email address and my login for all my online accounts.

I'm immature and love Beavis and Butthead so thats my avatar,

Wow. You guys gave your names some thought. All I did was choose a name I frequently use, but I accidentally added a second "e".

Two reasons for my username. Both are really fascinating, so I know you'll want to be sitting down:
1) I try to have usernames that can be typed in with the left hand only. Keeps the ol' mouse hand available for clicking.
2) My name is David. David takes two hands to type, so I usually end up with a Dave-variant username, and most of the time all the easy Dave-variant names are taken, so I end up with something like daveroo, even though it makes me use the left hand a little bit.

i was born and lived in ny until i was 26.moved to tenn and have been here since.74 is the year i was born.

Last edited:
Username from mytractorforum.com. I own a Craftsman and a Wheelhorse. CRAFTHORSE. was not real creative that day, but its easy so I use it for all my forums.

700 = favorte model rifle (remington model 700)
Varmint = a variation of a model 700 and a pest that digs in the dirt.

avitar = fleet marine force insignia (retired corpsman)

I have an obsession with duck hunting. Ive always enjoyed timber hunting for ducks and woodducks are the bird Im primarily after so...

Mine came from my redneck fishin' buddies. Of course they also called me Cap'n Cheese because I used to stop and get cheese biscuits at the handy mart on the way to the fishing hole. Finnerman was cooler sounding.

Where I'm from and what I do at the beach. Also a tie in to my friend, "madcitydiggers". :) Wanna talk about no imagination?? LOL I got it, All that except those who use first and last names.. LOLOL Jk. We all have weird reasons for what we do. Heck. Just LOOK at what we do. Walk around waving wands over the grass and digging up trash, All the time listening to the radio with our headphones on.. :)

Mine is pretty obvious.....

ry%3D400

I spent most of my time detecting private older yards...............see ya yardhunter

Upper management transfered me to a location that was having lots of problems. I cleaned up the situation, just like "The Wolf" in Pulp Fiction. One of the guys stuck me with the name and I thought it sounded badass.

Attachments

• wolf_pulp_fiction.jpg
    wolf_pulp_fiction.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,148
  • wolfbanner.jpg
    wolfbanner.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,194
I grew up on Long Island and throughout my life people always reffered
to me as a Bear. Soooo along came LIbear.

Well I am a University of Georgia (UGA) fan, as far as Curly goes he's my favorite of the stooges and he always makes me laugh Kyuk kYuk kyuk!

My old hobby was collecting and fixing pinball machines. Gorgar is the name of my first pinball machine, which is Williams first "Talking" Pinball Machine. I still have it. I worked many hours to fix it until it came alive and spoke its first words. "I am Gorgar"!!

:shock:

Back
Top Bottom