What does everyone do for a living?

Krom said:
(Jus' had to start this subject back up 'cause it got such good reviews when ScottyB started it on the old forum!)

I'm a homebuilder. Another guy and I do everything from the land-scaping to the chimney, and everything in between... decks, garages, windows, plumbing, electrical, shingle & metal roofs, etc.

This is a picture... (WE CAN POST PICTURES! YAY!) of a garage we built last summer to store the owner's classic collectable (mint!) cars in.
The big door is for his dragster and trailer (he owns Tommy Ivo's famous dragster).

Krom

Krom, that is the perfect type of building for my classic car needs at the moment. How much did that cost? Materials? Labor cost? Thanks

By the way, I'm a 36 year old mechanic and classic car buyer, seller.

Oooo, Bear... I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. You see, my work buddy is actually my boss. He pays me... it's his business actually, so he's the man that takes care of all the financial stuff, ordering materials, costs, etc. It's not that that's a well-kept secret, it's just that I don't keep that stuff in my memory. I don't have to, 'cause it ain't my business. :D
...BUT if you live within 50 miles of us, I'm sure we can help you. :D
Even tho' materials go up almost daily, I'll ask my boss what the bottom line was for that project, if that'll help. The prices of materials can make or break any job (as sad as that can be)... 'specially now-a-days.

The wife and I are retired 3 years now and love it (cept for the health care insurance), but I ain't going back to work. Drove an 18 wheeler for 30 years. Now I split time between metal detecting and resting :D ..................Gil

Hi everybody. I'm a Stationary Engineer (powerplant operator) and mechanic for the State of Maryland. We generate electricity and steam for a Medium and Maximum Security Prison by burning,of all things, wood!

I'm Quality Control Manager for a soft drink company that's not a 4 letter word and not named after a drug :D Been in management for over 20 years...

Kind of looks like I am the dummy of the group so far, I work! :lol: :lol: well they pay me for being there anyway

Actually I work for a a very small company that my brother is part owner of, only about 30 people there including the secretary! They started out making crepe paper streamers about 15 years ago, then dinnerware napkins and this year will be graduating to paper plates and adding another crepe making machine. Currently my job is wrapper mechanic/operator and I also assist with the packing on the napkin machine.

I work 4 12's and only if needed sometimes friday and saturday but only if no one else will work, those days I am supposed to slit crepe paper and there are only 2 of us there! I don't over do it! :roll:

It pays the bills and keeps me active and I like what I do, I had intentions of retiring and hanging it up this year but was asked to stick around to get the new production going before making that decision.

Next time you are at wallyworld or target or many other stores if you see napkins with a Unique label on them are what I make!

After 9 years of being a machinist I decided to go back to college and earn a degree in HVAC/R. (Heating, Ventalation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)
I now work for a Rural Electric Coop installing and servicing Geothermal heat pumps.
MoDigger

I am a master cabinetmaker, self employed for almost 37 years. I now specialize in designing and building custom kitchens.

Attachments

• Alter 3.jpg
    Alter 3.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 3,621
Last edited:
I was a plastics molding engineer for 17 years. Now I install phone systems and internet service to businesses. In the pic I was installing a wireless repeater.

Currently I am the Hatchery Division QC manager for a GA poultry company. Thinking about a career change though. Father of 2, boy 7 and girl 6. :grin:

I'm the network administrator/IS Supervisor for our local hospital. I'm also restoring Classic American Muscle cars to resale.

Here is my last project a 1970 Mach I

shot1.jpg

My present project is this 1967 Fairlane 500

fairback2.jpg

Just another form of treasure hunting

Nice, I just sold my 1967 Mustang coupe. I'll miss it, but I just didn't have time for it anymore :o(

Sweet 'Stang, Detector! Great work you do!
Is that lockin' hubs I see?

I am a shop superviser at a co. that builds and services steel mills. I also MC and announce motorcycle events and tracktor pulls on the side. 8)

hello all Im a plumbing contractor in RI when im not detecting Im plumbing mainly for Johnson and Wales university Life is Good
at the university and my kids go for free ( what a blessing)

Back
Top Bottom