Is Old Shotgun Shell Brass Collectible?

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
Im just curious if the metal part of the older paper shotgun shells are worth money. I notice alot of people show them in their finds. I have been tossing most of mine in the trash. Is this a no-no?

G2M

Are they worth money? 99% or more are worth scrap brass value (if that). There are some rare ones out there though. They are my favorite thing to find and what I collect the most.

I would rather find a headstamp than a silver dime.

Doug

Are they worth money? 99% or more are worth scrap brass value (if that). There are some rare ones out there though. They are my favorite thing to find and what I collect the most.

I would rather find a headstamp than a silver dime.

Doug

Wow...headstamps are pretty common to find (at least for me). Do you ever find silver dimes Doug? :lol:

Brass is around 1.60 to 2.00 a pound. That adds up quick. Finding a scrap yard to take shotgun shells should be easy. If metal guy gives you any bit of hard time just take your stuff an leave, never weigh without a price. HH -Joe

Im just curious if the metal part of the older paper shotgun shells are worth money. I notice alot of people show them in their finds. I have been tossing most of mine in the trash. Is this a no-no?

G2M

Back
Top Bottom