• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Just cleaning up the beaches...

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
Some typical recent 2-3 hour hunts. I do like finding lures, as I can put them to good use and they are pricey in the tackle shops. Ah yes, a tungsten ring... it does look nice... too bad the metal is worthless. :no: And a little bit of silver, just enough to lure me back to the beaches again and again :mder: The search for gold continues! :pirate:

Attachments

• IMG_2356.jpg
    IMG_2356.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 781
  • Composite.jpg
    Composite.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 763
Great junk shots and good honest post!! Some damned dummy prob paid $300+ for that Tungsten...Its tragic!...yeah, the fresh lost lure was your money..unless you an shine up that Tungsten and get $20 for it...

That looks a lot like my lake hunts here! Got a jar full of lures to rejuvenate some day (put new trebles on them). Congrats on the silver!

I like finding lures too even though since I started detecting fishing took a huge nose dive.

Cleaning up the Hazards

Good job, to bad the important people in charge of Federal , State land , beaches never see this , as we help clean public place's free of hazards just about every hunt, notice a lot of No metal detecting signs on park sign's, Federal beaches here ,No metal detecting , i will all way's remember this hunt howboutit , Earl IF they saw this , saving there kid's feet from puncture they would re- think the law's :shock: of Metal detecting :detector: and find it's not all about us trying to find treasure :workforgold: public service DONE, removing hazard's. Picture's are from a beach hunt on the Treasure Coast Of Florida May 2010- 2013 PS Foiled Again what do you do with your sinker's ? I have a ton ?

Attachments

• breeze 069.JPG
    breeze 069.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 674
  • breeze 070.JPG
    breeze 070.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 648
  • breeze 071.JPG
    breeze 071.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 646
I still do a little fishing so any sinkers I find at the beach go into my lead container to be melted down and cast into the size sinkers that I need.

At one time I would melt them and cast them into muzzle loading projectiles.

I think you did well, plus just getting out is good intel on the conditions.

Great junk shots and good honest post!! Some damned dummy prob paid $300+ for that Tungsten...Its tragic!...yeah, the fresh lost lure was your money..unless you an shine up that Tungsten and get $20 for it...
Thanks Mud. I've found pieces of fishing line with large nuts attached as sinkers -- I'm thinking that those heavy tungsten rings would work just as well. :lol:

That looks a lot like my lake hunts here! Got a jar full of lures to rejuvenate some day (put new trebles on them). Congrats on the silver!
I replace all the treble hooks with singles. I've seen too many folks impaled with one of the extra barbs when trying to remove the hook from a wild and crazy fish flopping around (think bluefish), and I've come close a couple times myself. Thanks GS.

Good job, to bad the important people in charge of Federal , State land , beaches never see this , as we help clean public place's free of hazards just about every hunt, notice a lot of No metal detecting signs on park sign's, Federal beaches here ,No metal detecting , i will all way's remember this hunt howboutit , Earl IF they saw this , saving there kid's feet from puncture they would re- think the law's :shock: of Metal detecting :detector: and find it's not all about us trying to find treasure :workforgold: public service DONE, removing hazard's. Picture's are from a beach hunt on the Treasure Coast Of Florida May 2010- 2013 PS Foiled Again what do you do with your sinker's ? I have a ton ?
Thanks Earl. Wow, good work on removing those nasty pointed irons from the beach. I find a lot of them too. Mother Nature does a good job of sharpening them in the salt water. I sell sinkers to a tackle shop where they get recycled at a discount price.

I still do a little fishing so any sinkers I find at the beach go into my lead container to be melted down and cast into the size sinkers that I need.
At one time I would melt them and cast them into muzzle loading projectiles.
Good idea George. Many years ago my dad and I cast hollow points and reloaded for winter jackrabbit hunting. Gave up casting when it became difficult to find antimony to harden the lead.

Nice finds, looks like a fun hunt. Kind of like that fancy lure with the bling, just a touch of that shiny, and we're all hooked again, haha!

A nice variety of finds there! Went for an hour at the beach yesterday, got 2 bits of foil, 2 bottle caps, 2 coins ($2.05) and a massive sinker.

Nice finds, looks like a fun hunt. Kind of like that fancy lure with the bling, just a touch of that shiny, and we're all hooked again, haha!
Thanks KS. This hobby's an addiction for sure, but a good one!:thumbsup:
A nice variety of finds there! Went for an hour at the beach yesterday, got 2 bits of foil, 2 bottle caps, 2 coins ($2.05) and a massive sinker.
Hey sandgroper, not bad for an hour! Two coins recovered here are more likely to be a dreaded Felix penny and a nickel. We're lucky to find a dollar coin much less 2 AUD. :yes:
I enjoyed your post . Great photos too !
SS, thanks for the kind comments!
reality check-nice pics. and like you said just enough good stuff to keep you coming back
Thanks Joe. Can you imagine the hundreds of new FF threads a day if we posted all our dud hunts? :gaah:
Silver and a tungsten ring is not bad. Besides you forgot to mention the twist tie.:lol:
Thanks DD. Oh yeah, those twist ties are pretty scarce and thus very special. My bad. :dash2::lol:

Nice batch of finds! It's mazing what kind of dangerous stuff people leave on the beaches......

Back
Top Bottom