To ‘Nox or Not to ‘Nox? That is the question…

davi you must of seen different videos than me. the ones i saw the manta was way deeper than other pulse units and could hit gold under nails that a ctx and gt could not see

Manta is made for one thing - finding gold in salt water. The goal was to develop a machine that could do that better than any detector on earth.

While it does have a sensitivity control allowing it to be “dialed down” to avoid digging deep objects, you would end up with performance which could easily be equaled by lesser machines.

The power of the Manta is not only the strength of the pulse itself, but the extreme effort which has been made in every aspect of the design to ensure the absolutely lowest noise levels available in a high powered machine.

The combination of raw power, extreme quiet and extremely short pulse delay will absolutely KILL on gold - big gold, small gold, shallow gold, deep gold.

Every video posted (see below for links to every Manta video which has been posted) has shown it outperforming the machines it was compared to. If you argue that perhaps these tests were “rigged” somehow consider this. Fisher was apparently convinced it was legit. After seeing live demos in France and testing a prototype Manta in the US, Tom Walsh, CEO of First Texas, parted a year ago with substantial $$$ to acquire the technology and hire the developer, Alexandre Tartar.

The first link below shows the Manta spanking a Soverign XS2 on a 2 Euro coin - 17” for the Manta vs. 11” for the Sov. The French beach in the tests is apparently mineralized with a soil type called “alios”, containing iron. The last link shows how it is immune to the black sand that just kills a CTX as well as demonstrating iron see-through which the CTX can’t achieve.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0vLKWRr4wg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-cyuaniLBg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nke4z9oOXww

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-cyuaniLBg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
davi you must of seen different videos than me. the ones i saw the manta was way deeper than other pulse units and could hit gold under nails that a ctx and gt could not see
Not a vid, its a blog/forum statement that Alexendre made recently. He provided the depth of a gold ring, said something to the effect of, "it achieved __cm of depth on a __ gram gold ring." I did the conversion to inches and wasn't impressed. It was like 9". Every detector I own will achieve that on the same size ring ...well, except for the bounty hunter jr. lol. Talk to someone like Steve (forum guy with a TDI) and I bet he can hit the same size ring at 18".

As far as its ability to unmask gold, it sounds promising, but I'm not sold that it is any better than what is currently available. A detectors ability to unmask objects is limited to the operators settings and his or her ability to properly affect coil control techniques.

BTW, I love PI's and intend to get on "the list" and try it out. If its a $500 machine it will be great! If its a $1,500 machine I'm skeptical that it will be a better buy than a tuned Excal. If its a $3,000 machine, bleh, it better have an autonomous search and dig mode. :laughing:

Manta is made for one thing - finding gold in salt water.
I copied you to ask if you knew where Alexandre's article was...the article I mention above. Maybe there are more details that I forgot or missed???

DaviD - I know you are a careful an serious operator, so I will try and line up some statements by Alexandre and especially by Denis - LE JAG - as to the performance of Manta prototypes.

The below quotes are, as far as I know, from the only forum posts Alexandre has ever made on the subject of the Manta. I will draft another post with LE JAG’s reports.

Alexandre’s first post was on the Geotec forum in May 2016, under the Forum name Asgar. In this thread he made several posts, below are quotes from them.

“All ferrous on all depth, mute or multitone.
Palladium ring 3 grs surrounded by iron + volcanic sand up to 13 " Very quiet !
Palladium ring 3 grs in the volcanic sand without iron up to 17 " Very quiet !
Recovery speed iron/gold/iron -> 0" !!!!”

So a 3 gram Pallaium ring at 13” with iron ID enable and 17” without....and then

“Normally on a 18k gold ring of 3 grams, I detected 10 to 15 cm below the goldscan 5c latest version at the beach on normal wet sand.”

So his Manta beat the Goldscan 5c (which is more powerful than the TDI) by 4 - 6 inches...and then...

“We do better than GPZ 7000”

And then...

“17 Pouces on US nickel with slow sat speed (12 pouces coil at 6us delay)
15.5 Pouces on US nickel with fast sat speed (12 pouces coil at 6us delay)

13 Pouces on square foil aluminium 1" (medium sat speed, 12 pouces coil at 6us delay)
16 pouces on square foil aluminium 1.5" (medium sat speed, 12 pouces coil at 6us delay)”

Of course “Pouces” is inches!...and then, because he is concerned that his results might be compared to sir tests, he states...

“the results are on wet sand for me, in air, I have a result most important but not real, ordinarily the small sound disappear on the beach because too ground effect near water and wet sand....”

So the Manta achieved even greater air test depth...He goes on to qualify the results...

“In France we have no 9ct, we had 18ct and 22ct (but rare), It is obvious that the 18k target is much harder to take than 9ct, we can not achieve depth of 20 "on the big rings and in some wet sand conditions (harsh downhole)”

So his Manta beat the Goldscan 5c (which is more powerful than the TDI) by 4 - 6 inches...and then...
Thanks! That seems to be what I was looking for. I had seen this (see image below) which to me implied the Manta would only reach 20 cm (7.87").

Attachments

• manta.JPG
    manta.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 206
If the Manta does what it says it does it will be my beach machine. Very excited for this to come out!

Thanks! That seems to be what I was looking for. I had seen this (see image below) which to me implied the Manta would only reach 20 cm (7.87").

Looks like he meant gain 7 inches on top of what it already was getting. English is not his first language but from what I have read on other forums he is talking about what he has been gaining in depth from where he was several yrs back.

OK, now it’s clearing up. The post you cite is by LE JAG (Denis) the chief field tester of the prototype Mantas - for 5 years.

I agree with adamB - I think he means that over the 5 years of development they have improved the detection depth by that amount.

Remember - this is a GOLD MACHINE. Hobby hunters in the dry sand picking up pennies, dimes and quarters should save their money and buy a Compadre - or. Whatever.

Folks who get a kick our of “calling their shot” with ID numbers or tones as to which coin they have should look elsewhere.

If Alexandre, LE JAG, Carl Moreland, etc are right, just head for the nearest beach with high traffic, lots of nails and fishhooks and Bobby pins and preferably black sand. bring a good scoop and tell your significant other that you found nothing while you call the place where you sell your gold.

Rick thank you for clearing that up for everybody on this forum

:wow2: Three posts in two days. You're burnin' up the Forum now Lama! :laughing:

You ever gonna post all that silver you found in Monterey last January? Kicked my @$$ for sure!

R5

:wow2: Three posts in two days. You're burnin' up the Forum now Lama! :laughing:

You ever gonna post all that silver you found in Monterey last January? Kicked my @$$ for sure!

R5

Silver? HA!! I was right behind him with my NOX picking up gold chains that he was leaving behind :shock:

No Nox here, I need raw depth and in chin deep saltwater.

Not that I don't trust anyone else but if Carl Moreland is involved and working on this project then I'm sold. Thanks Rick for keeping us updated.

The Nox hits well on small low conductors – my 600 has done well at the beach finding every scrap of foil and other tiny bits of aluminum.

The Manta has been designed for gold. Every design choice has been biased toward that aim. High power, low noise, minimum pulse delay – all intended to find gold deeper and to find less conductive gold alloys to the maximum depth possible.

It isn’t magic however. Tiny gold chains, bits of chain with no clasp - these may prove unfindable in salt water. Time will tell. Meanwhile here’s a quote from the chief tester of the various Manta prototypes- LE JAG.

“I did not really do any tests
with the manta on the very fine chains
only the 12 inches for now......

it is better than the TDI
normal, it starts faster and makes less noise
but the difference is not as visible as on a ring of 1 gr / diameter question

in three years of hunting at 7us
I never made chain pieces / without clasp or medal
yet we know there are many ...

ground effect on wet sand
to a limit by yet crossed”

Back