Tesla controversy

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t..._apple_watch_s_killer_app_stealing_signs.html

Since last spring, Tesla vehicles purchased with a 60kWh battery option have actually come with a 75kWh battery. The company’s software electronically limited the range to 60kWh, though it gave drivers the option to upgrade to full capacity at any time—for several thousand dollars.

In the wake of Hurricane Irma, Tesla proactively unlocked the restricted software of their 60kWh customers to allow access to the full 75kWh battery for evacuees of Florida. While they had the foresight to do the decent thing (supposedly only after one Florida evacuee contacted them inquiring about the unlock), should they get social praise for this since it cost them virtually nothing? What if they had done nothing "to help", and then their customers found out the software could have been modified easily to take further refuge? Who acctually owns the car once you have bought it, is it really still theirs to restrict after you drive off the dealership? Are they going to re-restrict the cars after the emergency?

Interesting to say the least...

Other sources:
https://www.google.com/amp/jalopnik...ate-taps-into-our-deepest-fear-1803081731/amp

That's the same as apple does, who's to say you don't have a 32gb chip in there but you only paid for 16gb so 16gb is what you get. Memory is so cheap these days, who are they fooling? You can buy a 64gb chip for 26 bucks...

That's the same as apple does, who's to say you don't have a 32gb chip in there but you only paid for 16gb so 16gb is what you get. Memory is so cheap these days, who are they fooling? You can buy a 64gb chip for 26 bucks...

Apple was the exact company that came to mind when reading this story. Good comparasion!

I thought Tesla was a pretty decent band. Never thought they would get into electric car production once they quit touring. Some musicians are really smart (The guys from Boston and Brad May come to mind). Who would have thunk it? ;)

I thought Tesla was a pretty decent band. Never thought they would get into electric car production once they quit touring. Some musicians are really smart (The guys from Boston and Brad May come to mind). Who would have thunk it? ;)

Now that's pretty funny right there......:laughing::laughing:

You!.....:mad::lol: OK, I'll have a go.... Maybe Tesla will come out with the first flying electric car? Like a drone that hauls a person around? They could call it the 'Tesla Winger'? :laughing:

I blame those Damn Yankees. Heard those Trixter Ratts Poisoned Cinderella with some Pearl Jam while she was studying entomology about Kissing WASPs and Slaughtering Scorpions. Her Vixen Twisted Sister immediately called The Police, turning that library into quite the Extreme Quiet Riot, as they Rushed her to the nearest Firehouse. An outstanding Warrant arose, for illegally harboring a Great White Lion or Snake or some sort of Def Leppard (details are still emerging). So Mr Big locks her up with the Motley Crue in her new Stryper suit, awaiting the Lynch Mob from Skid Row and just too many other crappy hair bands....

I blame those Damn Yankees. Heard those Trixter Ratts Poisoned Cinderella with some Pearl Jam while she was studying entomology about Kissing WASPs and Slaughtering Scorpions. Her Vixen Twisted Sister immediately called The Police, turning that library into quite the Extreme Quiet Riot, as they Rushed her to the nearest Firehouse. An outstanding Warrant arose, for illegally harboring a Great White Lion or Snake or some sort of Def Leppard (details are still emerging). So Mr Big locks her up with the Motley Crue in her new Stryper suit, awaiting the Lynch Mob from Skid Row and just too many other crappy hair bands....

Put them in the Iron Maiden... And Execute them.

First stick a Prong in their eyes, and put Chili Pepper juice on em!

Or feed em Rancid Fishbones!

<°)))>{

The iron maiden thing was in keeping with the 80's metal bands, and crossing the streams with a quote from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (an 80's film).

I speak three languages... Movie quotes, song, lyrics, and sarcasm - in which ever order is the most appropriate at the time.

You sir, have won the internet for the day. :lol:

The iron maiden thing was in keeping with the 80's metal bands, and crossing the streams with a quote from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (an 80's film).

I speak three languages... Movie quotes, song, lyrics, and sarcasm - in which ever order is the most appropriate at the time.

He did NOT list any metal bands, although we did..

I just thought it was 1980s bands..

If Firehouse is metal, then Debbie Gibson was punk...

Don't take it too hard, though, wouldn't want anyone to get Suicidal Tendencies, if so, maybe the Ministry could provide council...

<°)))>{

Tesla owners knew (or should have known this) when they bought the car. Its the same as if you go to a ford dealer and decide against getting the f150 with the add ons... you pay extra if you want them, even though in many cases the add ons are pretty simple to put on. Now as far as Tesla having the ability to do this from far away, GM and onstar could theoretically do the same thing if you paid for onstar. OnStar has the ability to turn your car on off, along with other things.

People want high tech stuff, they need to read the fine print.... or at least listen to the salesman's pitch to get the extras.:laughing:

I'm guessing that you were born in about 1968 just like me;)

Nah, that would be too late.
I don't think anybody mentioned Judas Priest, one of my old faves

Now you sound like an old Moterhead, pulling an Ace of Spades out your sleeve..

Well!

You got another thing coming!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom