Who says you can't find gold without a detector?

sandgroper

Elite Member
Over the past 6 days, I've had a ton of fun hiking, abseiling and rock climbing in and around the Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park in Western Australia. Whilst hiking along the Cape-to-Cape track, I also managed to eyeball this 9k earring which is stamped '9k AC 106'.

Anyways, I took a lot of photos and here are some of the better ones (including the earring). One of the pictures is one of two tiger snakes which we saw at the bottom of a pit which we abseiled into (this pit lead into an awesome cave!). Another picture is a controlled burn (around this time of year the government burns a lot of bush, because many of our native plants rely on fire to reproduce and grow). Normally controlled burnoffs are fenced off (for safety measures), but for whatever reason they lit this fire before putting up the detour signs :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 169
Where's the close-ups of the snakes? :lol:

Australia was the one place I always wanted to visit, but will never make it. Beautiful country.

Great pics and write up and eyeball find! Man...I have ALWAYS wanted to get over there and go on a walkabout...Very nearly did back in the 70's, but something else foiled my young mans dream...Thanks XTerra, Happy Hunting to You!

Where's the close-ups of the snakes? :lol:

Australia was the one place I always wanted to visit, but will never make it. Beautiful country.

Sorry, it slithered away before I could get a selfie ;) But here's the closest picture I took! :)

Great pics and write up and eyeball find! Man...I have ALWAYS wanted to get over there and go on a walkabout...Very nearly did back in the 70's, but something else foiled my young mans dream...Thanks XTerra, Happy Hunting to You!

Thanks Mud! :)

This would be a detectorist able to hunt anywhere in Australia (Crocodile Dundee) :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 394428

:lol: :lol:

Beautiful photos! And yup, gold can be found by eye alone, the only gold I've found this year was a pair of earrings similar to yours.

Pete

Thanks Pete! Were you detecting at the time when you saw them?

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom