Dogs at the park

I have been bit more than once by those dogs who "They don't bite". If one comes running towards me at the beach where the law says they must be on a leash my heavy SCOOP Is immediately brought to bear. I like dogs but I do not like getting bit.
They say dogs are good judges of character. :lol: Just last week I was cornered by a pit bull while I was on a service call. The dog broke loose off his chain and sent me flying over a chain fence into a neighbors yard...I had to call 911 and police arrived to take care of business. We are allowed to carry pepper spray on our person, yet if we use it our employer can have us suspended :?:

If your dog is killing neighborhood cats, then he needs to be tied up at all times. The next visitor in your yard could be a little kid retrieving his ball.

I've seen way too many videos of dogs being shot by cops because they got past their fence and attacked a person or a tiny dog. Don't complain when this happens to your dog because you want him to run free in your yard.

Lol no shes not. The only thing she has ever killed are spiders in the house, she loves a good spidey snack. And when she's outside, she is tied up. That was more my sarcasm, annoyance, exasperation, and twisted humor coming through regarding the way the people in my town freely let their cats roam but get instapissed if you even think about not hooking up your dog.

A couple of years back on a beach I had a great Dane gallop run to me, run around me and back to the owners and when he was out of breath he came over to me and rolled into his back and cried until I pet him. The owners and I laughed then they had to drag a tired great Dane to their car who did not want to walk!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

YooperBSN, it is a mystery why cats are not regulated in any way. They're killing machines. Birds, rabbits, mice, squirrels, chipmunks and anything else that moves are fair game. And they kill just for fun, not out of hunger. I love cats, but they can be nasty critters sometimes.

I've got a 10 year old deaf pitbull on an 8 foot lead sitting beside me while I dig. People keep their dogs under control. Little do they know he's a sweetheart. I move he moves, I stop he sits and waits. Only people I've ever had him pay any mind to are those I'm watching as well. Don't always take him, but more often than not. Some areas it's good to have a set of eyes just watching the surroundings. I'm amazed at how the central valley parks have changed in 20 years. Waiting for the first time my target turns out to be a hypodermic needle.

The only hypodermics I've encountered were on beaches. Scared the !!!! out of me. Little kids running around and stuff. I pulled them out of the flotsam and tossed them.

As for your pit. Folks don't realize that pitbulls were specifically bred NOT to attack humans. The last thing you want to have happen in a dog fight is for the dog to turn on the human trying to pull them apart. They're absolutely DOLLS around kids and their family. It's when people torment them, or don't correct behaviors that get out of control that it's a problem. Because once they bite, they don't let go... unlike the rat terrier that's going to nip and bolt...

Cheers, and thanks for having a loving pit. I love to see them in the park, and am always willing to have a friendly experience.

Cheers!

YooperBSN, it is a mystery why cats are not regulated in any way. They're killing machines. Birds, rabbits, mice, squirrels, chipmunks and anything else that moves are fair game. And they kill just for fun, not out of hunger. I love cats, but they can be nasty critters sometimes.

Yup, you're absolutely right! And for the record I am NOT a cat hater, had one for 10 years until she went to live with my grandma to keep her company LOL.

And they kill just for fun, not out of hunger.

I almost went into rant mode with this sentence, but, for the record, dogs will do the same thing.

When I was a kid, my mom had chickens. (We lived in an isolated neighborhood on the edge of town.) A few times dogs did get into our fence, and it was a free-for-all game to them. Chase, catch, kill, drop it and start again. One incident stands out in particular. Had to butcher up 8 chickens after a dog incident. Mom actually broke one finger ripping the heads off so that they could bleed out.

Roger

I almost went into rant mode with this sentence, but, for the record, dogs will do the same thing

Just stating a fact. Cats will also catch something, let it go and then jump on it to torture it yet again. Killing something is one thing, but torturing it for 15 minutes before you kill it is just sadistic.

I've saved dozens of chipmunks, mice and birds from my cats because they love to do this to their prey. Unfortunately, I've also watched dozens more die after I got the critter away from them a little too late. Too much damage done and they die from shock or internal injuries.

Remember those that have doge ware rings and pet them and loose them.
I understand not wanting dogs running free.
I go to fenced in dog walking areas where the let their dog run free and those places are rarely hit by detectors.
But you will need to clean your shoes and stuff afterwards and need to wear gloves.
In those areas dogs do run free.

Doug

what kind of stuff do you find in a dog park? There are quite a few near me, and I always wondered if they would be good to hunt. Any particular place in the park I should hunt? Near benches?

and yes, I know I will find dog poop since I take my dog to the dog park 2-3 per week.

Like this one. :lol:

Attachments

• Meanny.jpg
    Meanny.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 189
Cats behaving like dogs. Interesting.

You guys gotta watch the old Star Trek episode "Catspaw" 1967. Big black cat cripples and tortures everyone. It's great !

Cats behaving like dogs. Interesting

Sorry, not true. Cats kill BILLIONS of animals every year in this country. They kill for the fun of it and rarely eat what they maul.

I've never had any of my dogs kill anything in my presence. Cats love to kill things in front of you and show it off. Just their killer instinct, I guess.

Cats vs Dogs ? Night & Day. Cmon guys. Protecting yourself from a dog attack is more difficult than a cat attack . And I'm speaking from experience. And when it comes to pits , it's in their bloodline. Certain breeds you can't trust. Goodluck getting homeowner insurance with that. Watch Judge Judy on pits. Or better yet , Google this: Pitbull kills baby in San Diego. This was about 4 years ago. I remember it well. Parents , 3-day old bay and family pit are on the bed watching tv. Mother coughs , startles dog , pit attacks baby , baby dies. Oh and it was a nice sweet loving dog. Be wary of all dogs when detecting !

If they ever start regulating cats it won't be because they're concerned about birds, rabbits, mice, squirrels, chipmunks etc. It'll be because the polticians will see it as a source of revenue in the way of licenses. Animals killing other animals is totally natural whether it's a cat killing a bird or a lion killing a gazelle.

Sorry, not true. Cats kill BILLIONS of animals every year in this country. They kill for the fun of it and rarely eat what they maul.

I've never had any of my dogs kill anything in my presence. Cats love to kill things in front of you and show it off. Just their killer instinct, I guess.
Its when dogs get loose. Most dogs will kill any animal they encounter if they can: I can’t bring myself to legally shoot dogs that come on my property and kill my hens. Neighbor has had 5 gallon buckets full of poultry and rabbits killed by his neighbors Rot and husky and he doesn’t shoot either, just deals with it. Possibility of spending the night in jail is not fun either.

Cats love to kill things in front of you and show it off. Just their killer instinct, I guess.

Sorry, Freebird, but you're looking at their actions incorrectly. They're not proudly showing off their accomplishments to the human master. They are giving the human a graphic warning! :shock:

Roger

The difference between a Cat and a Dog is if you were to shrink to the size of a mouse
your Dog would still love and protect you but your Cat would kill you ( old saying ).

Well this thread went to the dogs! (pun intended) :)

Yeah don't what it is but in the new years everyone is letting their dogs run free.

Who let the dogs out, who who? :)

Back
Top Bottom