Simplex and carrot issues

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Every time I turn on the carrot, the simplex goes bonkers. The simplex has 3 frequencies to select, I tried all 3 and the problem still persists. Anyone find a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

I have this same issue. F3 is not as bad but still annoying. Dilek from Nokta Makro hinted they are doing something with frequencies in an update pretty soon. Hopefully, it will address this. The Simplex run 12 kHz and high-end pinpinters run the same frequency.

I have this same issue. F3 is not as bad but still annoying. Dilek from Nokta Makro hinted they are doing something with frequencies in an update pretty soon. Hopefully, it will address this. The Simplex run 12 kHz and high-end pinpinters run the same frequency.

Thanks for your post Rad1sh, ill try F3 in the meantime. Hopefully the update will fix the issue. Happy hunting!

Do you have the blue or green wireless headphones ? i don't have a garret carrot anymore but point your coil away or set it a short distance away from your pin pointer in use and see if it quells your machine's chatter.

Do you have the blue or green wireless headphones ? i don't have a garret carrot anymore but point your coil away or set it a short distance away from your pin pointer in use and see if it quells your machine's chatter.

I have the new green ones, I've been using frequency 3, like rad1sh suggested, and it's much better on F3, but it still has its moments. Ill try and place my detector a little further away from me next hunt, thanks!

Seems like a lot of newer model pinpointers are all doing this. Mine is doing it, I don’t care how many times I change frequency on pinpointer or the machine it still does it. The days of the good old Garrett Carrot seem to be just a memory. Another member on here went with us on a relic hunt this weekend, and his TRX was causing his NOX to do it, and I’d notice when he’d turn his on because my F75+ would cherp a couple of times. Only one who’s not having issues is my brother who bought the cheap as dirt harbor freight one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot of newer model pinpointers are all doing this. Mine is doing it, I don’t care how many times I change frequency on pinpointer or the machine it still does it. The days of the good old Garrett Carrot seem to be just a memory. Another member on here went with us on a relic hunt this weekend, and his TRX was causing his NOX to do it, and I’d notice when he’d turn his on because my F75+ would cherp a couple of times. Only one who’s not having issues is my brother who bought the cheap as dirt harbor freight one.

Well its mostly due to the carrot running the same frequency as the simplex (12 KHz) but you would think switching frequencies would cure it. Not a deal breaker IMO, and it sounds like there may be an update coming soon, hopefully they address the issue then.

I’m just shocked the carrot had issues with yours, every machine I’ve owned whether it be Tesoro, Fisher, and Minelab’s never had an issue with the carrot, even the newer one. It’s possible though because mine does it, and even changing frequencies don’t help.

I have several of the Garrett “Carrot” and love them but I have had issues with it interfering with my Deus at times so I have the MI6 to use with the Deus. After hearing about these issues with the Simplex and the “carrot” I ended up buying the XP MI4 to use when going out with the Simplex.

I have the new green ones, I've been using frequency 3, like rad1sh suggested, and it's much better on F3, but it still has its moments. Ill try and place my detector a little further away from me next hunt, thanks!

Good deal with the green edition.The simplex will use either or but its update might only apply to the latest configuration,i am only guessing but it would be good if Dilek can confirm with the blue headphones as well ? I use the mi-6 pointer,can't see any actual clear pointer interference .I should check with the blue edition headphones ,since i have both available.

...........The days of the good old Garrett Carrot seem to be just a memory...……...

Every company must know the frequency used by the most popular pinpointer. How is it Garrett's problem if Nokta Macro (or any other company) ignores that information when they design a new detector? Does Nokta Macro even make a pinpointer?

Every company must know the frequency used by the most popular pinpointer. How is it Garrett's problem if Nokta Macro (or any other company) ignores that information when they design a new detector? Does Nokta Macro even make a pinpointer?

I never said anything about it being Garrett’s problem. I said I missed mine. As in mine was the best one I’ve had, never gave me any issues. If Nokta hasn’t made a pinpointer yet then they are way slower than all the other companies. Heck the only one I don’t have problems with is my old retired Compass Automax Pinpointer
ec26414f8799bfdc91e348186d1742d0.jpg

Nokta makes 2 very fins pinpointers. I love my Nokta pointer. I plan to buy the Pulsedive pinpointer as it is pulse induction and has a diving option which could be fun snorkeling and is waterproof to 200 feet.

I never said anything about it being Garrett’s problem. I said I missed mine. As in mine was the best one I’ve had, never gave me any issues. If Nokta hasn’t made a pinpointer yet then they are way slower than all the other companies. Heck the only one I don’t have problems with is my old retired Compass Automax Pinpointer
ec26414f8799bfdc91e348186d1742d0.jpg

When did that old Compass Automax come onto the market ? I don't ever remember seeing ads for it. I know Compass has been out of business for quite awhile now.

Back
Top Bottom