• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

We found the wrong ring....WOW!!!

That is an incredible find and story. Thanks for sharing and good for you for going back and not giving up! That is awesome and I love that diamond ring too.

Great story, nice return, POW! on the diamonds... but this belongs in the water hunting section... :no: :laughing: :cool:

R5

Well done.

I have often found it may require more than one search. Last year an elderly man asked me to look for his ring. They had been married 48 years and he was heartbroken.

I didn't find the ring and for 36 hours all I could do was remember his disappointment. So two days later I woke up determined to find that ring. Well after 6 hours I finally found it. It was in a very challenging location.

As a thank you I was given permission to search another location. His family has owned a 70 acre area nearly 100 miles away but in the late 1800s two sea captains had lived there. I was working around their cabin and found a twin for his ring. I called his wife and asked if she had lost her ring and learned HE had lost his first wedding ring over 30 years ago.

I told her it was coming home.

Well done.

I have often found it may require more than one search. Last year an elderly man asked me to look for his ring. They had been married 48 years and he was heartbroken.

I didn't find the ring and for 36 hours all I could do was remember his disappointment. So two days later I woke up determined to find that ring. Well after 6 hours I finally found it. It was in a very challenging location.

As a thank you I was given permission to search another location. His family has owned a 70 acre area nearly 100 miles away but in the late 1800s two sea captains had lived there. I was working around their cabin and found a twin for his ring. I called his wife and asked if she had lost her ring and learned HE had lost his first wedding ring over 30 years ago.

I told her it was coming home.

Now that's was a Great story!

I had one kind of like that...
I had gotten permission to hunt an old school in my area and when I mentioned it to my wife, she told me that she had when to that school as a kid. She also mentioned that she had lost a ring there that belonged to a friend of hers.
To make a long story short... I found the lost ring (about 11").
Her friend was very surprised to have the ring returned... over 50 years after it was lost.

Back
Top Bottom