• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver , tokens and more !!!

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Got a chance to get out and hunt this weekend. Finally quit raining for a couple days. I went back to the property I found the Barber quarters at a couple weeks ago.
I was walking back into the pasture where I normally hunt but got stopped by a GREAT HIGH TONE, 12/43, 6" down. What do you know, a 1917D mercury dime right off the bat. WAHOOO!!! What a way to start the day.
I hunted for about 4 hours and ended up finding a cool old ACME Cigar, 5 cent token, a couple IHPs, 1903 and 1890, a couple wheat cents, an old Anheiser Busch lead seal and a cool old C. M. Franklin Serum Co. tag. I researched the tag and it told me that this veterinarian developed the vaccine for Blackleg in cattle back in 1913.
I also found a foreign coin or token. I cant read the language on it so not sure what it is. It rang up as an 11/38, about 10" down.
Had a great day out in the woods, sunshine, clean air. Cant wait to get back out there.
I had the CTX3030 in coins, combined tones, +3, ground coin, fast on. This setup seems to work great and I tend to run it that way most of the time.

Attachments

• 5122019 hunt.jpg
    5122019 hunt.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 321
Great hunt jerr-man! A really nice assortment of finds - that big ol' 15 tag is impressive, both visually and the history associated with it. Thanks for sharing!

Nice to dig a Silver before you set into the hunt. Congrats on the Merc, the Indian's and all the rest. That location has been very good to you. Trapper

Got a chance to get out and hunt this weekend. Finally quit raining for a couple days. I went back to the property I found the Barber quarters at a couple weeks ago.
I was walking back into the pasture where I normally hunt but got stopped by a GREAT HIGH TONE, 12/43, 6" down. What do you know, a 1917D mercury dime right off the bat. WAHOOO!!! What a way to start the day.
I hunted for about 4 hours and ended up finding a cool old ACME Cigar, 5 cent token, a couple IHPs, 1903 and 1890, a couple wheat cents, an old Anheiser Busch lead seal and a cool old C. M. Franklin Serum Co. tag. I researched the tag and it told me that this veterinarian developed the vaccine for Blackleg in cattle back in 1913.
I also found a foreign coin or token. I cant read the language on it so not sure what it is. It rang up as an 11/38, about 10" down.
Had a great day out in the woods, sunshine, clean air. Cant wait to get back out there.
I had the CTX3030 in coins, combined tones, +3, ground coin, fast on. This setup seems to work great and I tend to run it that way most of the time.

Looks like you dug some nice finds there.
Thank You digginpa !!

Great hunt jerr-man! A really nice assortment of finds - that big ol' 15 tag is impressive, both visually and the history associated with it. Thanks for sharing!
Thank You Airmet, the tag was attached to a chain, like to never got it out of the ground until the chain broke. lol. You just never know what your going to find.

Go Jerry go Jerry(running the mixer) go Jerry!:lol: It is quite odd that so many people have said so little about running Fast ON. Everyone wants “more speed” but nobody seems to use it. Good to see I’m not crazy for doing it. I don’t see the “depth” suffering,I see the ID suffering just a tiny bit.
Nice work!

Nice hunt Jerr! Where do you get your info on the lead seals if you dont mind sharing? I find alot in farm fields out here, and I keep them all, but can never identify any of them. Congrats, looking forward to your next report!

Congrats. Your foreign coin looks like a chinese coin. They had the square cut out in the center. Found my first one last week.
80e78ca69552a3aabce8dd38c7632dcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yes it was a great day Jerry, congrats on the Merc and Ihps. Just a great mixed bag hunt over all. I have dug 3 or 4 1917 Mercs but can't seem to find a 16. Good luck Mark

Go Jerry go Jerry(running the mixer) go Jerry!:lol: It is quite odd that so many people have said so little about running Fast ON. Everyone wants “more speed” but nobody seems to use it. Good to see I’m not crazy for doing it. I don’t see the “depth” suffering,I see the ID suffering just a tiny bit.
Nice work!
Thanks IDX. Hopefully one day we can hook up and have dueling 3030s.
Nice hunt Jerr! Where do you get your info on the lead seals if you dont mind sharing? I find alot in farm fields out here, and I keep them all, but can never identify any of them. Congrats, looking forward to your next report!
Hi cellrdwellr, I don't have any information on the lead seals. But it IS stamped. I have found several of these seals marked like this. I think they were used on beer bottles or kegs.

Congrats. Your foreign coin looks like a chinese coin. They had the square cut out in the center. Found my first one last week.
80e78ca69552a3aabce8dd38c7632dcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
My coin looks just like this. I wonder what year they were produced.

Back
Top Bottom