First snow of season and hiked in the Smokey's Today

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Our first winter storm of the year. Light snow and temps in the low 30s dipping into the teens tonight. My brother and I thought it's a perfect day for a hike...

Last edited:
Our first winter storm of the year. Light snow and temps in the low 30s dipping into the teens tonight. My brother and I thought it's a perfect day for a hike...

I hike in the winter. Love it. Usually the regular weekend hikes wouldn't start until the end of December, but this year it seems like we had 2 weeks of fall and winter is here. Hot and dry and a few weeks later it's single digits and our first snowfall. Really hurting private permissions. Last year I was detecting all the way into this January until the ground finally froze for good. I'll still get out a few times yet, but probably not as much as last year. Fortunately I have a big permission brewing for spring.

I hike in the winter. Love it. Usually the regular weekend hikes wouldn't start until the end of December, but this year it seems like we had 2 weeks of fall and winter is here. Hot and dry and a few weeks later it's single digits and our first snowfall. Really hurting private permissions. Last year I was detecting all the way into this January until the ground finally froze for good. I'll still get out a few times yet, but probably not as much as last year. Fortunately I have a big permission brewing for spring.

Yah, it's come to the south a little early this year. Let me know if that big permission is more than you can handle by yourself...:yes::cool3:

I love that area. There is an old deserted town up there that I would love to detect but don't relish the idea of spending time in jail. LOL

Back
Top Bottom