First half, first 1800's, first O

Worm Slicer

I put my Etrac away for a year or so after going through a divorce. Recently, I pulled it back out. I was super rusty. All connection with my machine had been lost. I just kept kitting "target practice" locations, Slowly got my ear back and got deeper into the machine.

I had an hour to kill tonight, so I hit a field where an old farm house once stood. Immediately, I was hitting brass fittings, rivets, and got an old clock (I think) at 1 foot. The iron at this spot is tough! I moved away from a little hot spot where I had found wheaties and indians before. I hit a quarter signal that kept bouncing to 1-47. I though to myself, "that's what I've seen on Youtube." I did think half, but I didn't get my hopes up. I'm just trying to have fun these days. And this popped out. I haven't cleaned it much. By California standards, I'm quite pleased. Hooting and fist pumping occurred.

Attachments

• coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 387
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 338
Wow, and even a seated at that! Big congratulations. With 9 years of searching under my belt I have yet to find a half dollar anything.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Sweet arrows and rays seated half! Thats a bucket lister I hope to find one day.
Good to be back in the saddle again!
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. I really didn't get a good depth on it. I had a feeling that it might be good so I gave it a wide berth when I dug. This is now an irrigated hay feild, so neat digging isnt necessary. Plus we are already drying out, so plugs don't really stay together.

Here she is cleaned up. Liberty is a little beat. I don't know if I will take the cleaning any further.

Attachments

• 20180509_075942.jpg
    20180509_075942.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 246
Back
Top Bottom