• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whale of a Tale Today!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got a text yesterday about a pair of sunglasses that took a dive off a boat into the Clinton River by Roy's 2.0 gas dock. Told them I would meet him there at 10. All I can say is WOW, another weedy mess. Took me a little while but again I was successful. However that is not the story today. While I was there the owner of Roy's said he lost a ring off a dock he got from his father when he died. He lost the ring in 2008. I told him I would be happy to look. So we drive to the old Roy's gas station and he shows me the dock. Again lots of weeds. I suit up and go down. First step is to pick all the weeds in that area. After I accomplished that I came up and he handed me my metal detector. I go back down. First target, an old dried up tube of 3m marine sealant. Second target, at least 8 inches down, Two scoops of muck and I have it out. I feel it and put my finger right through the middle! Ring is on my hand.

Folks, it is awesome how happy my hobby can make others. A simple memento thought lost forever is now safely back in the owners hands as a remembrance of his father.

At 5:00 I am going on another quest for a ring in lake St Clair that belonged to the mans grandfather. I hope I am as successful on that one as I was this one.

I made two more believers today. 5 years, 10 years 54 years, it doesn't matter.

Awe..
49228104.jpg

Another "Whale tail"

I was in a bar the other night and overheard three very hefty women talking. Their accent appeared to be Scottish, so I approached and asked, "Hello ladies are you lassies from Scotland?" One of them angrily screeched, "Its Wales", you bloody idiot, Whales". So I apologized and replied, I am sorry. Are you three Whales from Scotland? That was the last thing I remembered.:shock::yes:

Back
Top Bottom