• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Met a Virgin & Ms. Tiffany

Donneybrook

Elite Member
Hey guys, been a while since I posted/found something good. I found a virgin site that I knew was untouched and would produce A LOT of good coins/jewelry. I detected Saturday and Sunday for about 2 hours both times. On Saturday, after about 40 minutes a security guard came up and said he didn't think I should be digging in the grass and wanted me to stop. I said, "oh sir, it's okay! I've already dug about 40 holes over there and I encourage you to find one." He respoded "You know what man? Have at it. Knock yourself out." 😂😂 GUYS IT PAYS OFF TO STICK UP FOR YOURSELF WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING A GOOD JOB AND RESPECTING THE LOCATION. Needless to say, we parted fast friends. So far, I've found two silver pendants, 2 wheats (1944, 1952-D), 2 junk FSU pendants, 1 Mormon tie clip, and about $6.25 in clad. The grass is perfect for digging and the plugs are the easiest, neatest and tidiest I've ever dug. Tons of space left, can't wait to find gold!! Obviously I was pretty stoked to find that Tiffany pendant! I'll have a guy here it town straighten it out for me. It sells new for $125-$175. What would you guys say is a reasonable resell price?

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 471
It sells new for $125-$175. What would you guys say is a reasonable resell price?

As a general rule, I find 15% of retail is about the going rate for easy to sell reasonable... and 20% is "reasonable" for online aftermarket prices of silver. Diamond jewelry, too. Gold is more like 30%, since the flat markup of plain gold is often not as much.

But, if you're selling online, you quickly drop back down to 15% after fees and shipping.

That would make this easily sell locally, for about $18-23... Or $25-$35 as a "reasonable" online.

LOL I just checked out eBay after writing this.. They sell for about $29-$30 (one currently listed at 29.99, and one in the sold for $29.99)

Yep, still holds good...15%-20%.

Cheers,

Skippy

As a general rule, I find 15% of retail is about the going rate for easy to sell reasonable... and 20% is "reasonable" for online aftermarket prices of silver. Diamond jewelry, too. Gold is more like 30%, since the flat markup of plain gold is often not as much.

But, if you're selling online, you quickly drop back down to 15% after fees and shipping.

That would make this easily sell locally, for about $18-23... Or $25-$35 as a "reasonable" online.

LOL I just checked out eBay after writing this.. They sell for about $29-$30 (one currently listed at 29.99, and one in the sold for $29.99)

Yep, still holds good...15%-20%.

Cheers,

Skippy

Okay cool! Thanks Skippy. Great info 😁

Good to see your post and glad your still getting out!

Congrats on the silver!

Gluck on the gold!

Thanks GS! It feels so good to be digging stuff again 😊

Here's my ringimage.jpg . If you're interested and need better pics, let me know. Kinda crushed right now but it's a nice piece, well made, custom and I've had it sittin around a long time. Ring for the wolf?
Has a nice ring to it . Ring for the wolf :laughing:

Nice haul! I love having a "go to" site. Actually, I have quite a few. But not all of them are good. Looks like you have one there. I agree on tidy plugs. There's nothing like grass that's a little moist. Makes me feel so much better about digging in a circle as I know I can fix it almost perfectly. HH!

Back
Top Bottom