• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Here is an Idea of My Adventures

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got a call late last night about an Iphone that jumped off a boat and tried to commit suicide. Told him I would get it today. Got there at 10am and suited up. This folks is what the water looks like in marina's after all the rain we have got and high winds. Not pretty. However inside marina's it doesn't get clear on the bottom anyway, all muck. Water was about 7 foot deep.
Still another success story.

Deeee! Great pictures for us to see what you are up against!!!! So...You drop down into zero vis in the muck and trash of a Marina and try to gently hand find it? No gloves or dive hood in that cold water, you musta figured you were going to find it pretty much fastly...Good Lord...What manner of Man are ye?

Yes I thought I would and I did find it fast. Can't wear gloves as I couldn't feel it. I have been wearing a hood on longer dives but I figured this would be a piece of cake and I was right.

I just wanted to show folks that were interested what I am against in marina's. I will be diving in one on Saturday for a lot of items for different people.

Another "whodunnit mystery" solved by ScubaDetector. Great pix and story as usual. You can't put a price on human-relations stories like this. They're gonna be saving you a spot next to Mother Teresa when you get to the pearly gates .

Sooooo was the IPhone working after that long? Just curious since it like what IP67.... limited depth and duration in the water. Hey man......i noticed you outgrew your hair just like me.:laughing: I just keep thinking ..... ive got to get into diving...... i mean im in Fl. Then i keep thinking..... whats the cost..... what can i find in say 10 to 15' of water ...... and on a public beach how welcome would i be out there at that depth? Thats just untouched out there.... we get close during the extreme low tides of winter.....but not quit. Curious ..... whats a tank of air cost you and how long does it last?

Sooooo was the IPhone working after that long? Just curious since it like what IP67.... limited depth and duration in the water. Hey man......i noticed you outgrew your hair just like me.:laughing: I just keep thinking ..... ive got to get into diving...... i mean im in Fl. Then i keep thinking..... whats the cost..... what can i find in say 10 to 15' of water ...... and on a public beach how welcome would i be out there at that depth? Thats just untouched out there.... we get close during the extreme low tides of winter.....but not quit. Curious ..... whats a tank of air cost you and how long does it last?

Dew, I bought my own compressor from a fire department. It was barely used and is 9cfm a minute. In 10 - 15 foot of warmer water it will last me a little over three hours

Your killing it scuba! Great stories and great pics!
Funny I got a text today from someone asking if I could find some boat parts for them that fell off at the dock. No way..:no:...

Thats so cool and so crazy. It just trips me out what you could run into wildlife or surprise. I can't imagine the divers that are called in to find/recover bodies. I cant imagine seeing a foot in front of you and your face to face with a dead body.

Thats so cool and so crazy. It just trips me out what you could run into wildlife or surprise. I can't imagine the divers that are called in to find/recover bodies. I cant imagine seeing a foot in front of you and your face to face with a dead body.

IMPOSSIBLE to see a foot in front of you. You search by feel only. In order to find a body you have to feel it or a piece of clothing attached to it. In search and rescue I learned one thing.

There is only one good thing about finding a body underwater.

Nobody can hear you scream.

Back
Top Bottom