50 silver coins (plus some sterling)

Jodo_Kast501

Friday was my birthday and I went out hunting and found my 50th silver coin. It took me just under two years. Though I like to find silver (as we all do!), I probably only come away with one every second or third hunt. So my silvers are not many, but they are hard earned! Along with the coins, I've put in my 24 pieces of sterling so far. Total weight is about 230 grams or 7.4 troy ounces. I've also included a breakdown of what I've found.

1 1835 Capped Bust half dime
2 Barber quarters (1896, 1987)
7 Barber dimes (1893, 1898, 1901, 1905, 2 x 1906, 1916)
20 Mercury dimes
2 Washington quarters
5 War nickels
13 Roosevelt dimes

R5bMZvYh.jpg

Very impressive! Congrats on reaching a nice plateau on your career Silver Coin count. I assure you that it is not so easy to procure. While going over you inventory I was a bit surprised that have not dug a Stander a for that matter any Half Dollars. Well I hope in your future adventures your coil will be put you over such coins and the next 50 happens in a much shorter time frame. Trapper

You have an amazing collection going; keep it up! :woot: The capped bust is really cool, as well as the barbers... and everything else. :lol:

What an awesome accomplishment! Under two years? I better step up my game because it'll take me 20 years to get that much!

Awesome milestone! You have been on some great sites too. Most of those silver coins have some nice age to them. Thanks for posting. Really great job.

Congrats on reaching your 50th silver coin! :woot: Happy belated birthday, too. :grin:

Nice man. Happy belated birthday.

Were the rings beach finds?

Thanks! Only one of the silver rings in a beach find. I've done pretty well getting silver rings on land – gold not so much. I've got permission at a small university and I think I've found 8 or so sterling rings (including a couple of honkers) at that site alone.

Back
Top Bottom