Traveling to , who knows

gmelton

Wife is wanting to goto a beach, told me i could pick one. We are in Colorado and Im thinking either Texas gulf or somewhere along California coast as they are both about the same driving distance.. About the only restriction is lodging, Father in law has a time share with Wydham, still trying to figure out who all they are affiliated with.
Ive got my eye on a Fisher CZ21, i understand its a good all around machine that I could get into the fresh water with here in CO as well, for that one week a year that its warm enough and also does well on land.
We are thinking August or September. Our first thought was Pardre Island, I seen that its a no go except for South Padre but looking at the map Im not seeing any roads to get there.
Shes expressed a interest in visiting San Francisco, it seems like most of the beaches there are off limits The one place neither of us are interested in going is Los Angeles, I drove around there once in the late 80s and didnt like it then.

Only the East section called the "Treasure Coast" :crazy:

As far as I understand it - Vero beach is off limits - 1715 Fleet went down off the coast - there's also a claim to all that treasure - people snorkeling have found gold chains ........... people walking on the beach have found Spanish silver....... and no one can (legally) keep it........

As far as I understand it - Vero beach is off limits - 1715 Fleet went down off the coast - there's also a claim to all that treasure - people snorkeling have found gold chains ........... people walking on the beach have found Spanish silver....... and no one can (legally) keep it........

I found a coin there once.

I'm just gonna run this up the flagpole and see who salutes...You might just want to think about coming over to the beaches of West Michigan in Sept?

All the tourists are gone after Labor day, the Salmon are running! Mega beaches galore, water is bathtub warm, no bugs, weather is about perfect, and finding lodging is easy and cheap that time of the year! You can even rent a cottage for pretty reasonable on any body of water around here....You can detect all over the place and sweep up a seasons worth of drops!

Plus, like Brother Scubadee says, "Its Shark Free!" :laughing: If you want to eat shrimp, theres the Red Lobster out at the Mall! Really, Sept/Oct is about THE perfect time to come to Michigan..!

Attachments

• salmon sept.jpg
    salmon sept.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 328
  • sept 14-16.jpg
    sept 14-16.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 325
That's a good looking fish right there Mud! I'd love the opportunity to catch one on a fly rod one day.

I'm just gonna run this up the flagpole and see who salutes...You might just want to think about coming over to the beaches of West Michigan in Sept?

All the tourists are gone after Labor day, the Salmon are running! Mega beaches galore, water is bathtub warm, no bugs, weather is about perfect, and finding lodging is easy and cheap that time of the year! You can even rent a cottage for pretty reasonable on any body of water around here....You can detect all over the place and sweep up a seasons worth of drops!

Plus, like Brother Scubadee says, "Its Shark Free!" :laughing: If you want to eat shrimp, theres the Red Lobster out at the Mall! Really, Sept/Oct is about THE perfect time to come to Michigan..!

Sounds like a good time.
Going to add to the bucket list......

I'm originally from Michigan and love love love the west side of the state. Great beaches and great fishing. I'll be in Baldwin for salmon late September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always Hawaii... all beaches open to detecting! No fuss no muss except the 20 other guys hitting the beach at the same time.

Cali all day long. I regret moving from there. Any beach from Santa Barbara to Morro Bay is gold and silver jewelry galore. Wifey and I are going to Morro Bay next year to visit family and friends. Best believe my excal 2 and AT pro are coming. Hunted 6 hours a day for 4 days and my wife and I found enough gold to cover the cost of the plane tickets. Plus what she decided to keep for herself. Next year my oldest son is coming with us, he has a Garret ATX, gonna be a blast.

.... Shes expressed a interest in visiting San Francisco, it seems like most of the beaches there are off limits ....

"off limits" @ SF area beaches ? Only certain stretches. There's still plenty of beaches to hit. Or how about Monterey Bay ? Every beach here open and clear. And my rates to out-of-towners is quite reasonable . 30% of all you find :D

Bit the bullet on a Fisher CZ21, got a great deal from the classifieds here.I think the timeshare idea is out, waited to long to make reservations. Now Im thinking Airbnb currently looking at the Santa Cruz area. I see a lot of posts here and YT vids of people hunting the sand but no one talking about being in the water, or am Im not seeing it? I cant see a reason to not be in up to my waist, other than Ive not done it before and would probably spend more time trying to stay on my feet than pulling up targets.

Beaches were a bust for me, I think I got there too late in the season. Hit 5 beaches and only a few bucks in clad and no jewelry. The water in Cali is rough, the few signals I got I was knocked around before I could get the scoop in and then lost the signals. The last time I got in the water I was hit by a three foot or so wave and broke the carbon fiber shaft at the top hole. BIG thanks to Karl in San Jose for fixing the shaft for me. Got more clad from the parks than the sand. Oh well, it was a nice trip anyway. Maybe If i get there earlier in the season next time...

Back
Top Bottom