• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The BEST KT has ever done!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT had to go back and check ALL His Royal Records of CRHing over the past several years...starting in Feb. 2012, and this week's hunt just beats them ALL! KT got the best box ever for 40%ers, and also scored some other goodies! :kingdances::kingdances::kingdances::kingdances:

Box 1 - 2 NIFCs

Box 2 - 1 40%er, 5 NIFCs

Box 3 - 5 NIFCs

Box 4 - 1 64 Ken, 3 40%ers 2 NIFCs, 5 Proofs

Then the TREASURE BOX!!! Box 5 - Started off with 1 Ben, and then silver began to fall from the sky! When it was finished, it had yielded 53 40%ers, and 5 NIFCs!

Totals amazed KT: 1 Ben, 1 90% Ken, 57 40%ers....that is 3 short of 3 rolls of 40%ers, 19 NIFCs, and 5 Proofs...4 of them were early and really nice!

Proof is in the photos so enjoy looking at them! As His Majesty was hunting the last box, He was laughing so hard He nearly pulled a chest muscle!

And the other remarkable thing, Box 5 had NO ENDERS! Box 4 had 2 enders.
KT cannot wait to see what Forum members say about this Hunt! :laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• CRH 04 20 2017 1 Ben 1 64 Ken.JPG
    CRH 04 20 2017 1 Ben 1 64 Ken.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 204
  • CRH 04 20 2017 57 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 04 20 2017 57 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 200
  • CRH 04 20 2017 19 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 04 20 2017 19 NIFCs.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 205
  • CRH 04 20 2017 5 Proofs.jpg
    CRH 04 20 2017 5 Proofs.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 207
Over $160 worth of silver...I'm going about this the wrong way by using a detector:lol: Stellar hunt KT, congratulations on the silver horde!

Thank you for sharing this truly remarkable record setting haul of silver to stuff into your Majesties Royal Coffers! Perhaps a holiday celebration for the townsfolks would be in order? Can We kill a hog and have a real Hoopdedoo? Bring in minstrels and balladeers even? Set up a a mud wrestling pit for the winsom lasses to tumble around in? Puppeteers for the kiddies? Pop a cask or two of mead? Just asking humbly...In your honor?:laughing:

Real Nice Score there Man! Congratulations!

Can't believe you are still pulling silver from bank boxes. I gave up a couple years ago. The banks started giving me a hard time with ordering 5 boxes at a time and wanted to charge me for them.

Thank you for sharing this truly remarkable record setting haul of silver to stuff into your Majesties Royal Coffers! Perhaps a holiday celebration for the townsfolks would be in order? Can We kill a hog and have a real Hoopdedoo? Bring in minstrels and balladeers even? Set up a a mud wrestling pit for the winsom lasses to tumble around in? Puppeteers for the kiddies? Pop a cask or two of mead? Just asking humbly...In your honor?:laughing:

Real Nice Score there Man! Congratulations!

His Majesty so orders with a Royal Edict! Party time for everyone! :laughing::laughing::kingdances::kingdances::jester:

Can't believe you are still pulling silver from bank boxes. I gave up a couple years ago. The banks started giving me a hard time with ordering 5 boxes at a time and wanted to charge me for them.

KT has gone through some lean times, even in the past month, but this is what it is all about! Fortunately, the Royal Bank, both supplier and dump bank, have not balked at KT's coin antics, so We just keep going!

Of course if there were fees associated there would be no way, as the lean times predominate this activity.

But so long as the status quo exists for KT on this situation, He will continue His Royal Hunts! Me thinks much more fun that chasing ye olde foxes across hill and dale! :laughing::laughing:

A few more hits anywhere near this and 2017's totals should be outstanding!:D

KT has gone through some lean times, even in the past month, but this is what it is all about! Fortunately, the Royal Bank, both supplier and dump bank, have not balked at KT's coin antics, so We just keep going!

Of course if there were fees associated there would be no way, as the lean times predominate this activity.

But so long as the status quo exists for KT on this situation, He will continue His Royal Hunts! Me thinks much more fun that chasing ye olde foxes across hill and dale! :laughing::laughing:

A few more hits anywhere near this and 2017's totals should be outstanding!:D

I even tried getting them with my business account and they still tried charging me. They said "we've had way too many people coming in ordering boxes of coins, then returning them later, all unrolled so we no longer offer that service for free"
Damn rookies! You never dump at the same bank that supplies you! I do get silver at face value every now and then from one of my business banks. Last time it was a few merc dimes. The funny thing is I could buy 10000 mercury dimes and it doesn't excite me in the least. Give me 5 merc dimes for 50 cents and I get excited. Last time I said "here's a dollar for those 5 dimes so the bank makes a nice profit" They said no and would only accept 50 cents, citing they are not allowed to make a profit??

I even tried getting them with my business account and they still tried charging me. They said "we've had way too many people coming in ordering boxes of coins, then returning them later, all unrolled so we no longer offer that service for free"
Damn rookies! You never dump at the same bank that supplies you! I do get silver at face value every now and then from one of my business banks. Last time it was a few merc dimes. The funny thing is I could buy 10000 mercury dimes and it doesn't excite me in the least. Give me 5 merc dimes for 50 cents and I get excited. Last time I said "here's a dollar for those 5 dimes so the bank makes a nice profit" They said no and would only accept 50 cents, citing they are not allowed to make a profit??

Ye Gads! Banks are non-profit businesses? KT thinks the stockholders would like to know this! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Royal thanks to ALL who have commented! KT had to set up in a different location to take pics for this week's results, consequently the coins have a golden tint! Ha ha. Certainly the coins have the normal silver appearance, just due to a different non-fluorescent light source. KT did not clean the 90%ers, as usual.

Already getting excited for next week's hunt! :D

It's Credit Unions that are not for profit, member-owned institutions. Banks are just plain greedy. They charge fees for everything, its why I dumped them years ago (along with my roll hunting career).

Well said Swinglow!

Your majesty,
For a peasant that knows not what you speak, could you explain your words....
NIFC??
40%??
What maketh Kens so noteworthy??

Your words of wisdom would be thanked.
A humble peasant.
:?:

Your majesty,
For a peasant that knows not what you speak, could you explain your words....
NIFC??
40%??
What maketh Kens so noteworthy??

Your words of wisdom would be thanked.
A humble peasant.
:?:

His Majesty is always happy to answer questions. NIFC is a coin made by the Mint but not intended for general circulation. Relative to Kennedy halves, this action started by the Mint in 2002 when they made a greatly reduced mintage and only sold them in $1000 bags...essentially setting up a system that was insensitive to the average collector, and favoring coin dealers. That continues until today, but now they actually sell in rolls to anyone. Halves are destined to be faded out because of their size, cost of minting, and lack of interest by the general population. The only thing going for them is that many people still alive remember where they were when President Kennedy was assassinated, so there is a sentimental attachment. A 40%er is a Kennedy minted between 1965-1970 that contains 40% silver. The first year issue of the Kennedy half dollar was in 1964 and was 90% silver, but the Mint realized that their silver reserve would be seriously depleted and silver was climbing in value so they wanted to make all silver coins as clad coins in 1965, but President Johnson insisted that the Kennedy halves continue to be made with silver. So the Mint came out with the 40% silver mix until Johnson left office. In fact in 1970, Kennedy halves were only minted in special sets for collectors so they are very rare to find in circulation.

Finally, finding any silver coins is statistically pretty unusual, considering the 100s of millions of coins the Mint turns out every year. For KT, kens are easier to hunt...bigger coins are easy to handle and see the dates on, so it is just personal preference. KT tried dimes, recovered a few silvers, but they are so small, and KT dislikes having to wear an optivisor to see the dates. Sure, one could edge hunt either Kens or dimes, but you stand a chance of missing some interesting dates, errors, proofs, etc. And KT is not the least interested in hunting quarters, as they were very heavily hunted by CRHers and mostly cherry picked for key dates, etc. Pennies? Heck no! And nickels, could be interesting, but very few years of silver nickel production, plus due to being so well circulated they are often heavily worn.

So, just give KT halves to hunt...besides when you find one, you got a reasonable hunk of silver! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom