any smokers ever try...

dogpound

THE JUICE
Forum Supporter
i was up to just over a pack a day and a friend came over the other nite puffin on one of those E-cigs. anyway i thought i'd give it a try and so far i can't believe how i've cut back on tobacco. the e-cig i bought is called cigirex and the starter pack cost me 20 bucks which included....the e-cig, a charger that plugs into any usb port to charge the battery, and 2 nicotine refill filters. these are tar and tobacco free and the water vapor smoke is odorless and can actually be puffed anywhere normal tobacco products are banned(bars, malls, church :lol:). the nicotine refill filters cost around 5 bucks each (5 for 24.99) and one filter lasted me 3 days which is way better than the 5 bucks a pack per day habbit i had before. i was very surprised that with the e-cig i had no craving for a regular cigarette.

has anyone else tried these?

I've seen them at the stores here and have been thinking about giving them a try. Hoping to finally quit before I turn 30 next month and at 13 bucks a pack I think I have the incentive i need lol.

13 bucks a pack is a very good incentive ta quit..... i thought 5 bucks a pack was bad. i first just bought these cigirex ta try out and didn't think i would of cut back on tabacco as much as i have, infact the only real reason i even lit up a cigarette was while my e-cig was pluged in charging the battery(which took 3 ta 4 hours) so next time i'll charge the battery while i'm sleepin.

I've used one called "smart smoke". I was down to about 1-2 cigs a day when I was using it. My wife was down to about 3-5 a day. Unfortunately, her work gets much more stressful than mine and slowly those numbers went back up. Quitting is near impossible in a household where both members smoke. No excuse just my opinion. I hope I finally am able to kick the habit before it kicks me.

The product is a great tool when someone is really ready to quit, IMO.

E Cigs

My Girlfriend and I use an E-Cig called the EGO-T. For $80 or $90 the starter pack is 2 complete E-Cigs... that means 2 atomizers (the vapor making section), 2 Batteries (1 or 2 days or more between Charges), 5 refillable E- liquid Tips ( I figure a full tip to be about a pack of cigarettes), a Charger that is outlet and USB type (USB cord plugs into wall charger and pulls off to use PC USB port). And it also comes with a 1oz bottle of E-liquid in your choice of flavor and Nicotine strength. The 1 oz bottle is supposed to be equal to 2 or 3 cartons of cigarettes. The 1 oz bottles of e-juice cost about $17.00 a bottle, @ 3 cartons worth of liquid per bottle your just under $$5.70 a carton!!! I am 4 or 5 months on mine so I have some larger batteries. I bought the supplies and make my own e-liquid. I control the nicotine flavor and strength, and also my girlfriends amount of menthol. I have full control and am paying around $2.00 a carton... PM me and I can hook you up with the right way to do the E-Cigs, I love mine and they will at least save you a lot of money if they don't save your life,,,Good Luck, PM me if you need help or info. I'm new to detecting I'm experienced at the E-Cigs thing ...

E-Cigs

My wife has stopped smoking using the E-cigs. I mix the two smoking the E-cigs in the house and car and a real cig when I can. I'm trying and hope this year I can stop. Sounds like our E-cigs are a little different. The vapor filters are $5.00 for a pack of ten and one filter equals about a pack of cigs. Happy 2012.

The Ecig did nothing for me.
I only smoke half a pack or less a day, but all the E cig did was hurt my lungs and make me cough. Put it back in its box, threw it in a drawer.
Now they are claiming they are not a safe alternative to Cigs.
Dunno. I do know If you are not ready to quit, it ain't gonna happen..

I quit when I had a sore in the roof of my mouth that didn't heal dentist sent me to an ent who did a biopsy lucky for me it wasn't malignant. That was enough for me to quit been over a year, still can't get my wife to stop even got her the e cig

SIXTEEN BUCKS A PACK!!!!

If I were still smoking, at the rate I was consuming tobacco, the price would be a whopping SIXTY-FOUR DOLLARS A DAY! Now, I did not smoke 4 packs every day, but, on a Friday or Saturday, partying and such. well, figure it out.

Had an aunt and uncle who died from lung cancer along with a very good friend. Spending a week in a hospital with a collapsed lung did it for me. Quit, and never looked back.

Today, some 27 years later, smoke free.

I will now "get off my high horse" realizing that not everyone has the will power nor a sufficient reason to quit. Sixteen dollars, up in smoke, seems like a good enough reason to me.

Most members here have wishes for finds, from gold to relics. Do yourself a favor and "wish" yourself nicotine free or, find yourself a "relic!"

Smoke one less a day until you smoke no more. You lower your nicotine rate slowly, safely ...better than the patch, for no money.

That's how I quit. 14 yrs of smoking...

When you WANT to quit you will. It's that simple. Smoking is a learned habit...you can unlearn it, but it will take a few weeks.

When you feel like you are worth it, you will do it.:cool:

I smoked since I was 11 years old (1966) and quit when I was 39 years old in 1994. I did it by using a nicotine patch for about 3 weeks. The key to quiting is really, really, wanting to quit. It was not easy but it was well worth it. I was really motivated after watching my mother die from lung cancer.
Good luck in your attempt to get that monkey off your back.

I started smoking when I was 21. Sometime last year, my daughter, who was a very mature 2 year old at the time, asked me why I smoked. I couldn't explain it to her, especially why I did it even though i knew that it could cause my health to deteriorate, and she could lose her dad earlier than was necessary.
I ordered the Blu E-cig that day, and it helped cut back to about 1/2 a pack a day, but it went back up when things started going sour b/w me and her mom. Then, she asked me again, a few months later, as if she knew that I had almost forgotten my initial push to quit.
I then gave myself a few weeks to quit, and set a goal to smoke my last cigarette the night before my 27th birthday. I smoked the last one @ 11:55 pm on 9/12/10.
Good luck to any of you who are trying to quit. It's a pleasant habit, at best, but the harm in the long run far outweighs any benefit, imho.

Up in Seattle they banned the E Cigs because they said they would encourage people to start smoking. Can you believe that !!!!? :?:

I quit smoking on 10 Oct 2011. My lungs said no more smoke, please. My wife quit one week later. Were all done after 30 years of it.. Best decision we have made EVER..

Yep...

I have for used them for a couple of years but use vapor king and another brand. I fill my own cartridges. It helped me quit until I was somewhere on vacation with no ecig. I'm going to go back to it. I know a lot about e-cigs and if you need info or help just pm me or reply. I had a lot of experience with them.

i was up to just over a pack a day and a friend came over the other nite puffin on one of those E-cigs. anyway i thought i'd give it a try and so far i can't believe how i've cut back on tobacco. the e-cig i bought is called cigirex and the starter pack cost me 20 bucks which included....the e-cig, a charger that plugs into any usb port to charge the battery, and 2 nicotine refill filters. these are tar and tobacco free and the water vapor smoke is odorless and can actually be puffed anywhere normal tobacco products are banned(bars, malls, church :lol:). the nicotine refill filters cost around 5 bucks each (5 for 24.99) and one filter lasted me 3 days which is way better than the 5 bucks a pack per day habbit i had before. i was very surprised that with the e-cig i had no craving for a regular cigarette.

has anyone else tried these?

I'm going on my 73rd day with my egoT. Love it!!! I have an app on my phone called my last cigarette, it keeps a running total for you. Here are my stats:

Since quitting I have saved $1104.93
I have NOT smoked 2,671 cigarettes
My circulation is over 70% improved
My carbon monoxide levels are now that of a non-smoker
There have been 662,036 people that have died from smoking related illness since the day I quit 73 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom