M1 Carbine

If it's an M2 send it to me and I will take care of it for you--no questions axed.

I'd agree, and even if there's a one in the chamber, I can't believe either the hammer springs survived, or any sealed ammo is still good. BUT that's my opinion-always be safe.

"Drunk turtle shootin"..... this sounds like a blast I've never heard of this. Any talk of making this a Olympic event? :lol: we need to be the rules down for this sport I have visions of this being bigger than Jai Alai, the Gaming industry needs to get involved :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that. :laughing:

I haven't logged in well over a year. This was the first link I clicked when I came back in.

So, my two cents?

Yeaaaaaah. Ya might wanna turn that in.

I would rather not have something that could land one in jail, althogh explain the situation, chances are being it non operable and with the fire pin out it can be used as a display model or something

I know I am late to this thread but here is my take.

KEEP IT. There is absolutely NO WAY any ballistics can be done on the barrel to find if it was ever a murder weapon. Rust will void any tests.

Besides finding two pistols in Michigan lakes I was a cop for 9 years. I have both pistols in my possession now.

I wouldn't clean it much unless you want to.

A rifle does not have to be registered. If it was an automatic it would be seized and never given back even if unfireable. I will NEVER turn in a machine gun if I find one. I will also never clean it to find out if it will fire again.

You have a relic. I would find a way to preserve it and display it.

nice find. I wonder if maybe someone was sitting on that old bridge drinking beer and shooting and dropped it by accident. I wouldn't claim that i never sat on a train trussel and drank beers and shot at stuff when i was a youngster and maybe even dropped stuff i didnt want to.
:D

This kind of thing is exactly how I learned along time ago not to post my finds on a forum. Just my $.02 If no one knows, then it didn't happen

I'd just keep it. Forensics can't check the rifflings once badly rusted and the SN is most likely far gone by now. You have a sweet find there so check that off your bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom