DFX question

NiagracountyNY

Elite Member
My buddy (who doesnt own a computer yet)Uses a dfx.Ive been trying to get him to run in all metal like i use my minelab.Can anyone tell me how we get his machine into all metal???There doesnt seem to be a ALL METAL mode.Thx for the info

I can think of a few ways, but I'm too much of a newbie to know which is better. I think it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

a) squeeze the trigger as in pinpointing, or lock it forward, b) turn off "Audio Disc.", c) "Block Edit Accept" -95 to +95. d) Turn on "Mixed Mode" which runs AMM and disc at the same time.

HTH

You can always run it in High Pro mode, which is pretty good with all metals.

To use all metal just follow the directions Randy posted above.

What we were hoping for was a way to run The dfx in all metal like my minelab .He doesnt wanna run it in pinpoint mode.My minelab has an all metal mode,Which picks up everything metal,And i can still see what it is on the graph and hear what it is with the tones.The DFX doesnt seem to have an all metal mode,without discrim.Whenever u run discrim u will miss Good items Underneath or next too junk items u are discriming out when hunting deep targets.discrim is only acurate to a certain depth then u are gonna loose good targets close or under .

Go into Block Edit and set it to accept from +95 to -95. To do that, just go to +95, set it on Accept and scroll down to -95.

Last edited:
What we were hoping for was a way to run The dfx in all metal like my minelab .He doesnt wanna run it in pinpoint mode.My minelab has an all metal mode,Which picks up everything metal,And i can still see what it is on the graph and hear what it is with the tones.The DFX doesnt seem to have an all metal mode,without discrim.Whenever u run discrim u will miss Good items Underneath or next too junk items u are discriming out when hunting deep targets.discrim is only acurate to a certain depth then u are gonna loose good targets close or under .

Turning off the Audio Disc on the DFX the all metal mode. Another way of doing it is by turning down the discriminator so that it picks up all metals but sweeping of the coil is required as where when turning off the audio disc sweeping of the coil is not required. These two methods are the best way to achieve all metal pick up.

rcsnake

I have just got a DFX and a few minutes ago I watched the instructional video. Apparently in prospecting mode all metal is accepted and displayed.

Back
Top Bottom