Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

Felix

Felix , ? what do you need , another Excalibur for , we all know you don't go in past ankle deep, I have a GT, and a DF for you :p, but your not getting my Excalibur's , i have plan's for them this summer :shock: , don't have to worry about the shark's up here, PS Spend some more money on accessories for that GO Pro , cancel the speedo beach yoga classes , and give us some eye candy when your out for a spin with Merlin HOWBOUTIT :impatient::lookclose::shrug::snapoutofit::cheers:

Oh no...... you did not say i havent mastered my machines??? Id dare say i got-um down pretty well.

Felix need a blue Xcal.... i have a couple id sell ya. BUT..... mine HAVE been used. One i just got back from Joe. I know i know ..... you want one of Earls.:lol:

So ..... is this machine like the Nox in that you just remove the box for repairs? If the battery is under the cuff and the headphones come out the back..... then is the wires for both the battery and phones in the shaft? Is it me or is that a small looking battery? Wonder if it can be boosted like the TDI..... if so i see someone doing some sort of a battery mod. I really cant see me trying to PP with a 12.5" coil if thats a MONO. They had two fins to put that cable on.....but noooo they put it right out there in front. That one has me scratching my head. Id also use a couple of nylon washers to reinforce each of those coil ear if you intend on leaning on your detector out there. I hope before this thing hits the street...... they have a 9" too.

Joe..... so does that look like.... external plug for extra batter.... then the other is for the charger?

The cable goes from the battery to the stem of the detector and from the connector a cable goes internally to the control box. The connector on the battery is also the charging port if I remember correctly. The forum post said there would be a higher capacity battery. It might be external, and if it is, that battery’s cable would likely connect to the stem like the built-in battery does.

Oh no...... you did not say i havent mastered my machines??? Id dare say i got-um down pretty well.

Felix need a blue Xcal.... i have a couple id sell ya. BUT..... mine HAVE been used. One i just got back from Joe. I know i know ..... you want one of Earls.:lol:

So ..... is this machine like the Nox in that you just remove the box for repairs? If the battery is under the cuff and the headphones come out the back..... then is the wires for both the battery and phones in the shaft? Is it me or is that a small looking battery? Wonder if it can be boosted like the TDI..... if so i see someone doing some sort of a battery mod. I really cant see me trying to PP with a 12.5" coil if thats a MONO. They had two fins to put that cable on.....but noooo they put it right out there in front. That one has me scratching my head. Id also use a couple of nylon washers to reinforce each of those coil ear if you intend on leaning on your detector out there. I hope before this thing hits the street...... they have a 9" too.

Joe..... so does that look like.... external plug for extra batter.... then the other is for the charger?

One is the regular battery plug the other is for the charger, (look at the cable, no way meant to be water proof) but can be used as a plug for a larger battery?

Attachments

• 497120256_n.jpg
    497120256_n.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:
Here’s a better pic of the battery area. The connector on the left is the headphone. The other one is the battery power in/out connector - charger connects here to charge (the charger cable is plugged in in the Russian photo) - in use, a cable connects this port to the connector on the end of the stem.

2q351sj.jpg

So it's a external battery? Which would be good. I was thinking that was the larger battery they mentioned and the reg battery was internal.

Now im confused..... if the one on the Left is the headphones...... whats that coming out of the end of the shaft? So how does the juice get to the box? You are right Joe... that cable is no way waterproof. I see they are going with the 4 pin. So can those batteries be changed by us? If so ..... can they be UPGRADED as well?

Still

Not a fan of that S shaft, fine on a land based F75, but salt beach water a strait shaft would have been better, who would want a S shaft , unless diving, it's not waterproofed for that, reality is more money spent for an after market strait shaft, headphone's & a upgraded battery, by the time your done 3k spent, atleast on the Ctx3030 around the same price you get CF adjustable shaft, Steve don't see anything special :imo: i would like to point out, out of 6 machines i can use at the beach, all 6 have strait shaft's for a reason, a cheap S
Type aluminum strait shaft , won't hold up, OBN do you see any more flaws , like the headphone connector, is that special , or is that the same Ctx style connection that everybody uses ? Would be great if it's the Ctx style , as for me don't need to spend cash for yet ANOTHER set of headphone's , they are building up , like the coil's.

That kind will handle like a straight shaft.....unlike the wrist twister S. Several people used an S section on the Nox. They said it balanced it a bit better. Does give it a better angle. Now two tones.....let hope it don’t sound like a donkey....hee hall. Give us grunt and a mid tone. Appears to be 4pin CTX connector.

There is a cable between the power connector on the battery to the end power connector on the shaft. The one in the Russian picture is NOT that cable - probably it is the charger cable.

The advantage is obvious, the battery is detachable, separately water protected and there are no internal connectors to be crudded up by a malfunctioning battery. The battery to shaft cable must carry the audio to the battery, since the headphones plug into the battery box.

Can't see what's going on in the shaft but a straight shaft upgrade probably isn't in the cards if its anything like the internals of an atx.
I have no doubt it's a good machine.. getting it sent international with that battery is another story though

Fisher better get cracken, ready to purchase, say when :laughing: Let's Go.

I expect we will see no videos from manufacturer reps as far as operation - what unit is capable of doing.

It will be actual purchasers that will bring on the vidoes.
Detector then will sell itself.

Much like how Equinox was done.

Seeing Mr (Physicist) Tartar join the forum. Tells me they are getting closer to release and are taking the public serious via at least one detecting forum.
Who knows Mr Tartar may join more forums in USA if he hasn’t already done.

This gives me more confidence with the detector. I don’t know yet if I will buy. But like to see the person behind this machine going public.

We’ll see Earl.

Back
Top Bottom