1652 oak tree shilling!!!!

thank you, no whitesmd I have not sold it

ewemule................... not sure what book you have but i once saw a 1/4 pie slice of this coin sell for more.

ewemule................... not sure what book you have but i once saw a 1/4 pie slice of this coin sell for more.

2012 Redbook shows $750 in G. You sometimes can't value Colonials by the Redbook because many have varieties, but in this case you can because I believe the NOE 5 is not one of the extremely rarities (or better) in the series. Had you dug one of the rarest, I'm guessing a sale would have been much more tempting.

By the way, that's great. So many people jump at the chance to make some quick cash, but why sell what will probably be the best thing you ever find. Heck, if you have to sell stuff, sell everything else! Believe me, there's no money that goes faster than the free kind from a find.

Hi Bottlecaps, I posted a link for this thread on another thread and all of a sudden this one is going again, lol. We're going out tomorrow morning, 8am if your gonna be around. Will the Three Massketeers meet up before 2011 ends? Let's make it happen!

Hi Bottlecaps, I posted a link for this thread on another thread and all of a sudden this one is going again, lol. We're going out tomorrow morning, 8am if your gonna be around. Will the Three Massketeers meet up before 2011 ends? Let's make it happen!

i'll see you in half hour

I have the .....

2011 Blue Book. I was thinking the Blue Book would be more like what you could sell for and the Red Book more like what you would pay to get one from a dealer ? There's a Black Book too, right ?
Still a sweet coin.
Marty

Wow. Not sure what else to say except wow. As a fellow New Englander I dream of making such a find... Congrats - incredible!

Wow Congrats! So it came up like a deep nickel? How deep did it end up being?

I would go back to that spot and dig some nails. They might turn out to be cobbs or copper.

Wow Congrats! So it came up like a deep nickel? How deep did it end up being?
I would go back to that spot and dig some nails. They might turn out to be cobbs or copper.

Yes this came in 8'' it came in like a nickel at first once I got closer and got it out of the round it rang in like silver.

I have been back to that spot a thousand times tons of iron nails.

So i take it this is going to be one of the xmas exchange items if you join?....just checking..:laughing:

:p Not unless someone is trading a blank or a willow

Back
Top Bottom