Going to buy my 1st detector

byb310

Brand new to metal detecting but excited to get started!

I did a lot of research and pinpointed (no pun intended) on getting the Garrett GTP 1350 as my first detector. Kellyco is offering it for just under $600 with some extras including an Automax pinpointer.

I plan to search parks and beaches mostly, maybe some woods now and then. I would say my time spent breaks down this way:

Beaches 50%
Parks 35%
Woods 15%

I am hoping to find coins, jewelery, relics, etc. A detector that is waterproof is probably a must since I will be mostly at the beach.

Can anyone do a deal? Is this the detector I should get?

New MD

Hey there BYB welcome, Any sponsor here can probably beat Kellyco's prices, And the Auto max Isn't much of a pinpointer. contact the sponsors here, I have bought from New England Detectors and Big Boys Hobbies... talk to the sponsors before you buy at Kellyco!!!.....:digginahole:

Hey there BYB welcome, Any sponsor here can probably beat Kellyco's prices, And the Auto max Isn't much of a pinpointer. contact the sponsors here, I have bought from New England Detectors and Big Boys Hobbies... talk to the sponsors before you buy at Kellyco!!!.....:digginahole:

:exactly::hi5:....what he said...

Yes, definitly contact one of our fine sponsors. They go well out of their way to help you pick out the right detector..

Most any decent MD is going to be waterproof up to its control/Display unit. The 1350 Isn't any more waterproof. I also see the 1350 weighs 4 Lbs. I considered the 1350 myself, AT Pro is the same price, It's waterproof to 10 Ft "with waterproof Headset". The Garrett Pro Pointer is 10 times what the auto max is, people can't get $50 for them selling them brand new...:digginahole: Get with the sponsors.

get this and you'll be set.....

AT pro
propointer
sandscoop
lesche

then call new england detectors and they'll give ya a great deal

Yeah, I just bought my E-Trac from New England and got a great package at an awesome price. Call them for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just bought my E-Trac from New England and got a great package at an awesome price. Call them for sure.

I agree with New England's deals, but I would caution against starting off with an E Trac. I just took mine out for the first day today and it is an advanced machine, a beginner will quickly lose hope and give up on the hobby!:no: If you want to start out intermediate, I would go with an MXT/MXT Pro or AT Pro. If you want to start out with a good starter machine, consider the Garrett 250/350 series. I would stay away from Bounty Hunter and the like.
Get a Lesche and Garrett Pro Pointer for sure. You won't regret it and will end up getting them later out of frustration anyway....

Back
Top Bottom