ENDED Summer FUN Contest

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Folks, I have decided to have one more contest for the whole summer. This is the ONE.

Even I will not know the outcome till diving season is over. You will have till June 30th to place your guess.

RULES (Pay attention to them. Getting disqualified, or receiving nothing is NOT my problem.)

1. You have to be a contributing member of the forum to win.
You can enter but if you haven't contributed you will get recognition and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS but NO PRIZE.

2. ONE GUESS ONLY

3. Entries are open from now until June 30 at Midnight Pacific time. Plenty of time to contribute if you desire.

4. You have to have been member for at least 30 days on June 30th to win.

5. In the event of a tie (One over and one under) The one that is under will win the prize.

6. IF you have already won a prize worth over 100.00 from me. Please do not enter. Thank you for understanding.

Guess will be how many grams of gold I find this summer. Contest ends Sept 30, no matter if I can dive after that or not. Whoever is closest to the total grams of gold found on that date is the winner.

First Prize: NEW Garrett AT PRO!!
Can be upgraded from the sponsor I chose at winners expense.

Second Runner Up: Garrett CARROT
Can be exchanged for a prize of the same amount from the sponsor I chose or same amount of money can be put towards another prize of your choosing. You pay the difference.

Third Runner UP: 5.00 in found silver coins
Nice and black! Just the way I find them! I hope to find that much this year. I have 20¢ so far.

Prize shipping fees will be the responsibility of the winner.

Now even I don't count how many grams of gold I get a summer. Last summer was over 6 grand in scrap yellow. So everyone's guess is as good as mine.

Summer has started. I have found two gold rings so far. 3.50 grams if I remember right combined. If I am hired to find and return a ring, I will NOT weigh it. That ring will not count to my total. If I find class rings to return later, that will be added. Weight will include all stones, teeth, and other metals incorporated in the rings found. (found two sets of teeth last year)

Last summer:

Disclaimer.

In the event I get hit by a propeller or drown or I lose my life some other way, this contest is null and void. I have to live and dive till Sept 30th.

I have absolutely nothing to do with this forum. Owners and mods don't ask me or sanction my contests. This is the way I feel I can enjoy giving back for the wonderful life I have.

Good luck to all. I will post my gold BUT not the grams from now until after June 30th. Then I will keep a running total on this thread.

Last edited:
Scuba,

Thanks for the fantastic contest, very generous.
I will wait to guess until we get closer to the deadline, in order to hedge my bet:D

Wow! Epic contest! Two questions:

Does "summer" (for guessing purposes) start now or on June 30th or has it already started?

Does the gram total include only gold you find unclaimed, or does it include returns?

Thanks for the opportunity!

Wow! Epic contest! Two questions:

Does "summer" (for guessing purposes) start now or on June 30th or has it already started?

Does the gram total include only gold you find unclaimed, or does it include returns?

Thanks for the opportunity!

Wow two good questions.

1. I can't include returns. Most the time I get hired to find and I return it before I could even weigh it. LOL would be funny to tell someone who I just found their ring for, I need to weigh this!

If I find class rings that I will try to return on my own at a future date I will include them. ALL the rings and gold items will be weighed with the stones and all. Not going to weigh just the gold.

2. Summer has started. I have two rings now, 2.13 and a 1.37 gram monster! I will not divulge the weight of any other ring I find until after June 30 and then I will keep a running total.

Thank you for the questions.

I have a question Robert: Does the contest end on June 30th and the winner is announced shortly thereafter, or is that the date you stop accepting inputs?

The reason I'm asking is that you later wrote "...I have to live and dive till Sept 30th." Which made it sound like the winner would not be announced until then. :?:

I have a question Robert: Does the contest end on June 30th and the winner is announced shortly thereafter, or is that the date you stop accepting inputs?

The reason I'm asking is that you later wrote "...I have to live and dive till Sept 30th." Which made it sound like the winner would not be announced until then. :?:

Rudy, Entries have to be in by June 30th. Contest goes until Sept 30th and that is when the winners will be announced.

LOL Glad everyone is chiming in! My rules are sometimes as clear as the water I am diving in! And that my friends is sometimes "0" visibility.

Rudy, not to be answering for Robert, but I think the "guessing" is over on June 30th and "winner" is announced on Sept 30th after his last dive.

EDIT NOTE:Oops, Scuba responded as I was typing! :roll::lol:

I personally want to thank everyone that has asked questions. I have changed the main posting to reflect all questions asked (hopefully)

I think of these contests as they come. I have had no experience in making them, as all can probably see!

If you do not desire to contribute to this forum absolutely nobody is forcing you to. I feel if you get any help or satisfaction out of it than a small donation would not be a problem.

How many people would be willing to donate 10.00 to a lottery ticket in order to possibly win a 500.00 prize? I will state that ALL of my contests from here on out will only be won by contributing members of this forum.

What a great contest! You are very generous. I just donated to the site and will put in my guess in due time. Thank you.

Also, cool website! The stories of your returns were nice, you should put more pics and stories up there. I'm also thinking about making a business card after reading your 'tips' section. Thanks for all the great info.

What a great contest! You are very generous. I just donated to the site and will put in my guess in due time. Thank you.

Also, cool website! The stories of your returns were nice, you should put more pics and stories up there. I'm also thinking about making a business card after reading your 'tips' section. Thanks for all the great info.

Thank you. I have a LOT more success stories. My youngest daughter has been building my website and she is a little slower than I would like. However, dad has to be patient. I just called her today on some major bugs. My video isn't showing up. Good luck with the contest.

Outstanding! I need a backup Pro!

Heres what I'm gonna do! I'm gonna go at this all scientific!

First, I'll read all your late Sept posts from the past few years, take the totals, average them..then knock off 10% on account of you are getting older, then add 20% on account of I think you will find a big chain this year...Then knock off 50% in case you get a girlfriend this Summer, which in your case, a long shot, but stranger things have happened......then add 5% on account of your new tank air station...then I'm gonna look at the weather forecast and adjust accordingly! Easy! :laughing::laughing:

Of course our friendly forum clown has spoken!! Too funny Mud. You have it all figured out. Now all you need to do is actually GUESS. I don't think you have ever entered one of my contests!

Oh and by the way, I do have a girlfriend. She is across the little stream in Canada and works during the week.

Now all you need to do is actually GUESS. I don't think you have ever entered one of my contests!

Sure I have! Just so far out of the running it wasnt even funny! I cant win a door prize at a Tupperware party! Theres NO Way I have a shot no matter how scientific I get! :laughing::laughing: I will guess though...let me sleep on it for a few weeks and maybe a number will pop into my head..?

Now all you need to do is actually GUESS. I don't think you have ever entered one of my contests!

Sure I have! Just so far out of the running it wasnt even funny! I cant win a door prize at a Tupperware party! Theres NO Way I have a shot no matter how scientific I get! :laughing::laughing: I will guess though...let me sleep on it for a few weeks and maybe a number will pop into my head..?

Just make sure you guess over 3 grams. I already have that.

I personally want to thank everyone that has asked questions. I have changed the main posting to reflect all questions asked (hopefully)

I think of these contests as they come. I have had no experience in making them, as all can probably see!

If you do not desire to contribute to this forum absolutely nobody is forcing you to. I feel if you get any help or satisfaction out of it than a small donation would not be a problem.

How many people would be willing to donate 10.00 to a lottery ticket in order to possibly win a 500.00 prize? I will state that ALL of my contests from here on out will only be won by contributing members of this forum.

Sorry Robert, but asking for a donation to the forum is against contest rules. Members should not have to pay to enter a contest.

Please read the Contest Rules.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=34

Sorry Robert, but asking for a donation to the forum is against contest rules. Members should not have to pay to enter a contest.

Please read the Contest Rules.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=34

Carol,

I read the rules. They can enter if they want.

Why a mod or an owner cannot PM me when I am just thinking I am helping is beyond me.
I am VERY sorry if I have offended anyone. I will cancel it.

Robert

What a Debbie Downer. Technically, the contest didn't require a payment, it just requires that you be a contributor to the site. Aside from that, they're not paying HIM; they're donating money to the site that allows this awesome contest to exist.

He's not asking for any money, or payments in any way. I didn't see in the posted link of contest rules anything that prohibits awarding the valuable prizes to forum contributors only. Non-contributors can still enter and place guesses.

Please EVERYONE refrain from commenting. One of the OWNERS has spoken and as an owner it is THEIR SITE and THEIR CALL.

We need to respect them as much as we need to respect the moderators. WE are ALL guests. Just like everywhere else, if we do not like the rules we shouldn't be here.

Back
Top Bottom