• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

F75 or F75 LTD

unojc

So I started with a F22 just to see if I like mding and sure enough after a few months Im hooked. Looking at upgrading and was originally thinking of the AT Pro. After looking into things I am set on the F75. I do have the money for the LTD but is it really worth it?

I am here in ohio and as far as I know the dirt does not make the detectors go too nuts around here. Just some locations I have hunted are full of trash. I will primarily be hunting parks and private property.

Is the upgrade of the LTD worth it or will I be satisfied with the F75?

Thanks!

So I started with a F22 just to see if I like mding and sure enough after a few months Im hooked. Looking at upgrading and was originally thinking of the AT Pro. After looking into things I am set on the F75. I do have the money for the LTD but is it really worth it?

I am here in ohio and as far as I know the dirt does not make the detectors go too nuts around here. Just some locations I have hunted are full of trash. I will primarily be hunting parks and private property.

Is the upgrade of the LTD worth it or will I be satisfied with the F75?

Thanks!

Good question.
Will depend really on your soil mineral levels in your sites.

For example,,most times if you bob the coil on a F75ltd over your soil,,if you see 4 or more bars in the mineralization meter,,,using boost won't help you at all or extremely little depth wise,,,a user better off to use Je or de processes usually.

Boost process really helps when you see 3 bars or less and this added depth would be produced on a sliding scale of sorts,,with no bars or 1 bar obviously providing the best depth.

If I had soil like this,,,I would definitely opt for the LTD version.
But it is your money,,your choice.

Good luck whatever you decide.

F75ltd2 all day...Boost is no joke,gets at least 3 inches with stock coil over dp mode...I don't run boost all the time,but it's great to have it..And on the f75ltd2 boost process actually works.

I was wondering how the boost is considering you're basically paying $200 for it.

I was wondering how the boost is considering you're basically paying $200 for it.

Boost process actually works on the f75ltd2,not so with other machines claiming to have deep Modes and the like.
In ground boost process will give you about 3 inches more depth.Clear up all iffy signals,I'm serious,the fisher f75ltd2 is just a flat out animal.Sure your gonna get some guys who say it's not,I guess they just don't know how to run it.

Boost process actually works on the f75ltd2,not so with other machines claiming to have deep Modes and the like.
In ground boost process will give you about 3 inches more depth.Clear up all iffy signals,I'm serious,the fisher f75ltd2 is just a flat out animal.Sure your gonna get some guys who say it's not,I guess they just don't know how to run it.

I see you have the atpro too. How's that compare to the ltd?

I was never a big fan of boost mode and didn't think it was worth the premium. The F75 is a great machine as it is, however, I don't find many deep items as it is due to where I hunt, so most things are around 1 inch to 6 inches down total.

F75 ltd any day. The F75 ltd was my first Fisher machine and I still regret selling it. It goes deep, is light, and ID's well. The new F75's with their EMI shielding are even better. Don't hesitate and get the F75 ltd.

Three inches more depth??
Sure about that??

Or approx 3" air gap distance??

Seems I read a thread where original F75s with boost were compared to non boosted units. Not what I remember.

This may help.
Folks do need to realize original F75ltd units not like the same designated currently advertised F75ltd units. They have the same model designation,,but not the same detector actually.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,4402,page=1

Three inches more depth??
Sure about that??

Or approx 3" air gap distance??

Seems I read a thread where original F75s with boost were compared to non boosted units. Not what I remember.

This may help.
Folks do need to realize original F75ltd units not like the same designated currently advertised F75ltd units. They have the same model designation,,but not the same detector actually.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,4402,page=1

Yea I'm sure,3 inches in ground,in my Pennsylvania soil..Actually I can lift the coil up a good 4 inches above ground and still hit my 8 inch mercury dime in the test bed..Unlike Other machines that claim to have deep mode or turbo,fishers boost mode actually works.Ive owned both at the same time,the f75 and the f75ltd2 so I can give a honest hands on account.Boost mode will give about 3 inches of usable in ground depth.
Not much out there that compares to the f75ltd2...

Back
Top Bottom