Eurotek Pro vs F22

Deadshort

I recently upgraded to a Vanquish 440. I now have it, a Tracker IV and a Compadre. I love the new Vanquish and between the three, feel well armed for my skill level, in just about any situation. In other words I don't need another detector. But this is a hobby...and if I want another, why not just go with it :D I guess I could use my daughter as an excuse, but who am I kidding...it's for me mostly:lol:

So with a budget of about 200, it's down to the F22 and the Eurotek pro.

I like the features of the F22, (like notch), but the F22 doesn't seem to inherit the love from it's users that it's predecessor (F2) enjoyed. Folks seem to like it, but you hear a lot about poor T.I.D. past 3 or 4 inches, chattery, not very deep e.t.c.

The Eurotek Pro is often suggested as a better option in the same price range. I like what I'm seeing on this beeper in reviews and videos. But having trouble understanding how its unique discrimination tone system works. Since it doesn't have notch, it all depends on whether I would like that system or not.

So anyone have any input on the pros and cons of either of these detectors?

I know a few more bucks will get me X, Y or Z machines..but since this is totally frivolous, I'm trying to keep the price point low.

All input much appreciated!

I never had a f22 but I did have a eurotek pro. Very good machine for the money when it was made. But in today's world I think the vanquish 440 is a better buy for the same amount of money.

I love the Eurotek Pro/Minuteman. The F22 is also a very nice detector for the money. The money is the issue here however. How much detector can one get for $$200? A whole lot and it isn't from the two you asked about. The Vanquish 440 is an awesome detector. An even more incredible deal is the Nokta Makro Simplex+ which has much faster overall speed and target recovery than the Minuteman/Eurotek Pro/F22. The Simplex also is fully waterproof, has wireless capabilities, has a real all metal mode (which none of your detectors or the ones you asked about have) and is just a great all around detector. The Vanquish/Simplex combo to me is the ultimate budget detector combination.

I'd get the F22 for its weatherpoof feature, if nothing else. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the 3 detectors you already have are weatherpoof.

The Eurotek uses a 9V battery...yuck.

Your call of course; just trying to help you rationalize the purchase of a fourth...

Why not save your money and get a better unit?

If your loving the hobby then I would definitely save for a better unit. ..if all you do is buy 225.00 dollar metal detectors because your like the low end models that is one thing. But if you sold those 200 to 275. Dollar machines your using and buy a 600 to 700 dollar unit like the equinox 600 or the XP ORX your detecting will go to another level once you learn the machine......just food for thought.

I'd get the F22 for its weatherpoof feature, if nothing else. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the 3 detectors you already have are weatherpoof.

The Eurotek uses a 9V battery...yuck.

Your call of course; just trying to help you rationalize the purchase of a fourth...

You nailed a lot of my thoughts on the F22. Plus very lightweight as well. The long battery life with 2 double A is appeal ing also.

I have many hobbies, they are lifelong pursuits and I guess I enjoy working up the ladder slowly, savoring all the nuance along the way. My first motorcycle was a DT 250 long ago. Then a GS 450...and so on. Not once did I ever regret wasting time on the intermediate bikes...I had a blast on all of them. I guess that's the best analogy I can think of. The better machines will come soon enough.

That being said...the Simplex is very tempting.

Why not save your money and get a better unit?

If your loving the hobby then I would definitely save for a better unit. ..if all you do is buy 225.00 dollar metal detectors because your like the low end models that is one thing. But if you sold those 200 to 275. Dollar machines your using and buy a 600 to 700 dollar unit like the equinox 600 or the XP ORX your detecting will go to another level once you learn the machine......just food for thought.

This is kind of my thought as well. You have some assets that could be liquidated (wisely over a bit of time) to make a step into new territory. That's what I'd do, but I don't have the assets you are holding at the moment. Facebook marketplace will get you a lot of exposure with zero fees. People (like me) would make a relatively serious drive to purchase what they were looking for, if necessary.

The Vanquish/Simplex combo to me is the ultimate budget detector combination.

Agree 100%

... if you sold those 200 to 275. Dollar machines your using and buy a 600 to 700 dollar unit like the equinox 600 or the XP ORX your detecting will go to another level once you learn the machine......just food for thought.

Also agree 100%

I love the Eurotek Pro/Minuteman. The F22 is also a very nice detector for the money. The money is the issue here however. How much detector can one get for $$200? A whole lot and it isn't from the two you asked about. The Vanquish 440 is an awesome detector. An even more incredible deal is the Nokta Makro Simplex+ which has much faster overall speed and target recovery than the Minuteman/Eurotek Pro/F22. The Simplex also is fully waterproof, has wireless capabilities, has a real all metal mode (which none of your detectors or the ones you asked about have) and is just a great all around detector. The Vanquish/Simplex combo to me is the ultimate budget detector combination.

This is the best advice you're gonna get.....

The Simplex is sounding pretty good right now. It's only fifty bucks more...I think I'll save that fifty and grab one in a week or two.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

You don’t need to spend allot. Your gonna fall into a trap that everyone has fallen into.
Your going to spend more money to gain 1 inch or less , your going to spend money to get separation,speed etc.

I have come full circle ; I have used numerous machines that cost 700$ and such, now I’m back to using a : Tesoro Cibola , it’s light , I don’t hunt when it’s raining, I don’t need to dig past 7” especially in this soil. I don’t need several tones , I use discrimination to dig what I want and it costed me 150.00.

Think long and hard to but your gonna fall into The Trap!

You don’t need to spend allot. Your gonna fall into a trap that everyone has fallen into.
Your going to spend more money to gain 1 inch or less , your going to spend money to get separation,speed etc.

I have come full circle ; I have used numerous machines that cost 700$ and such, now I’m back to using a : Tesoro Cibola , it’s light , I don’t hunt when it’s raining, I don’t need to dig past 7” especially in this soil. I don’t need several tones , I use discrimination to dig what I want and it costed me 150.00.

Think long and hard to but your gonna fall into The Trap!

The best machine is the one that makes the hobby enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom