Unreal, Morgan #2 *UPDATE*

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Hard to believe it, but ANOTHER morgan popped out of the sand. This one is an 1895 and still trying to find a mint mark. She's in really rough shape, looks like she was attacked at some point and run over a few times. Still, 1895 is a key date and to find 2 Morgans in just a couple of months is crazy. This is just my 3rd silver dollar ever.

I'm not a coin expert, but wondering how much value (if any) is in this coin.... any insight appreciated.

Also picked up a little jewelry thing with diamonds... but who cares? They are probably junk. Its all about the morgan today :)

Happy Hunting everyone!

20200521_081955.jpg20200521_082010.jpg20200521_082013.jpg20200521_082042.jpgScreenshot_20200521-091521_Gallery.jpg
ad5f3a9cc9d7bfedc303f2b6a574ac70.jpg
20200521_095047.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm guessing that what I see under the wreath is an "O" for New Orleans. ALL 1895 silver dollars are uncommon. The 1895 plain (Philadelphia) only has a mintage of 880, with the New Orleans and San Francisco mints being the only ones "readily" obtainable, at a hefty price. Yours isn't in great condition, but it's still rare.

Congratulations!

-- Tom

I can't believe the 19th century coins that are turning up this week at our local beaches.
Your Morgan and Davy Jones 1869 Seated Dime just incredible!
So your 1895 Morgan is rare. I can't tell from your pictures what the mint mark is. It's located on the reverse right above the D and O in the word DOLLAR. An O mint mark would be New Orleans 450,000 minted. S mint mark being San Francisco 400,000 minted. Both are Rare...
If there is no mint mark than that would be a PROOF only 880 minted. If it was a proof even in bad shape could be worth five figures!
An O or S mint are still valuable coins even in poor condition $200-$500.
Be careful with the coin don't try and clean it with anything.
Please report back on finding the mint mark.........

Holy cow! Sunshine, a nice breeze, *AND* old silver!? Gotta love those California beaches! Congratulations on the nice score

Sentimental value is PRICELESS!
Enjoy...
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

Man that’s a great find, and you got two recently and this is your 3rd... just awesome, congrats!!! I hope to find one some day.... that’s a big wish!

I'm guessing that what I see under the wreath is an "O" for New Orleans. ALL 1895 silver dollars are uncommon. The 1895 plain (Philadelphia) only has a mintage of 880, with the New Orleans and San Francisco mints being the only ones "readily" obtainable, at a hefty price. Yours isn't in great condition, but it's still rare.

Congratulations!

-- Tom
Looks plain to me. I think that is the O in Dollar not the mint mark

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A great save! Love the big old silvers, And that is Big!

Holy !!!!! Insane find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice old spot there, gotta be some old yellow there...

Fingers crossed, its got a lot junk to sort through HH

Congratulations!

-- Tom

Thanks, I think you're right, but its still not very clear. Thanks for the info on the coin.

I can't believe the 19th century coins that are turning up this week at our local beaches.
Your Morgan and Davy Jones 1869 Seated Dime just incredible!
So your 1895 Morgan is rare. I can't tell from your pictures what the mint mark is. It's located on the reverse right above the D and O in the word DOLLAR. An O mint mark would be New Orleans 450,000 minted. S mint mark being San Francisco 400,000 minted. Both are Rare...
If there is no mint mark than that would be a PROOF only 880 minted. If it was a proof even in bad shape could be worth five figures!
An O or S mint are still valuable coins even in poor condition $200-$500.
Be careful with the coin don't try and clean it with anything.
Please report back on finding the mint mark.........

I missed davyjones post, can you post a link?

I got 2 words for ya : ON FIRE !

Thanks KOB!

Holy cow! Sunshine, a nice breeze, *AND* old silver!? Gotta love those California beaches! Congratulations on the nice score

Amen brother

Congrats , three silver dollars in a career is not easy to do .

You know whats weird? I've never found an Indian penny or v-nick... This hobby is always surprising me, nothing ever works as planned

Sentimental value is PRICELESS!
Enjoy...
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

Thanks!

Congrats!

Thanks!

Dang, I am jealous, that's awesome. Congrats! I'm still looking for my first one.

Thanks Jam, looks like you had a big week too! Congrats on the yellow!

Man that’s a great find, and you got two recently and this is your 3rd... just awesome, congrats!!! I hope to find one some day.... that’s a big wish!

Thanks man, HH

Congrats on the excellent find!

Thanks!

Looks plain to me. I think that is the O in Dollar not the mint mark

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yea, hard to tell but maybe an O

Excellent find gotta love the beaches try the baking soda and aluminum foil to clean it.

Thanks!

A great save! Love the big old silvers, And that is Big!

Thanks man!

Holy !!!!! Insane find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! HH

BIG congratulations on that BIG silver!:shock:

Thanks Matmit!

rat-fink : Is there erosion going on @ So. CA beaches ? How did you manage that ? Or is this @ some protected inlet that's not connected to regular erosion-rules ?

I LUV the reveal sequence photos ! Hope it's a good one !

Back
Top Bottom