shamefully posting #1 for the year

bobac

Elite Member
Well.......Haven't been able to hunt in a few weeks cus of the insanely cold temps and big snow dump on top of that.......
I have a fresh slate of vacation days to use so I took a day off and drove a few hours to get out of the snow.....
My first signal revealed the sad reality that the ground was still frozen rock hard......but , I refused to go back home with out silver.....
My first signal was an iffy 12-44ish at around 6-7......I used my hand shovel , my 4ft shovel with kick plate, a drill with 6 inch bit, and a small pick axe.....over 20 minutes later I popped out the coin.....Canadian penny :mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Those damned things always give me a borderline quarter signal and I just don't know why..........they get me a couple times every year.......

Just after dark I hung my head in shame and started swinging back towards the car ......someone up above was shaking their head and took some pity on me and got me over a shallow rosie ......at least the drive home was a bit less teary.......
350 mile trip for 4 coins........:twisted:
that spot had given me a merc and a wash two weeks ago.....
oh well......its what we do.........
back to the research.........

Attachments

• 20180112_133628.jpg
    20180112_133628.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 662
  • 20180112_143625.jpg
    20180112_143625.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 631
SWEET ! 99 to go. That ain't a dime, thats a nine cent'r. lol. Hey , you got out and hit silver, don't get much better than that. Good luck Mark.

You worked for that SOB Bob!:lol: But even after the 350 gut wrenching miles,the gas burned,the swearing sworn...I know for a FACT youā€™d go do it again. Maybe not tomorrow,or Sunday...but you would do it eventually. How do I know? Because itā€™s what I would do,given the time. Itā€™s what Dewsweeper is contemplating and what many others HAVE done. Itā€™s for the love of the hobby,doing what you enjoy doing,even if it means long drives,shittty weather and not many finds. You accomplished the goal of finding SILVER. You have also earned 350 Rough Rider points, one for each mile of your quest!
Some guys would look out their window,say ā€œehhā€ and go watch TV.
Youā€™re just not that guy.

What ?? An east coast post that ISN'T a large cent, colonial copper, or bust ?? We're bored. Get back out there and don't come back till you've broken the 1800 barrier. Just go to any sandbox over there, since they're brimming with them. :laughing:

Small Victories Bobac! Love that rosy .
350 miles . Wow ! I used an LP torch last weekend Takes about 5 min to go two inches šŸ‘ But it works . The six inch 15 min matchbox car broke my spirit šŸ˜ But the 2 Lincolns from that hunt and a ride to the Lake Michigan shoreline beach gives me a 2018 clad count .
You have 2018 silver !!!!!
Congrats
, Dew

yeah right.....

What ?? An east coast post that ISN'T a large cent, colonial copper, or bust ?? We're bored. Get back out there and don't come back till you've broken the 1800 barrier. Just go to any sandbox over there, since they're brimming with them. :laughing:

hey what are you whining about? You west coast guys are digging up double eagles every other day !!!! :shock: send a couple of those our way.....:D

Back
Top Bottom