T Handle Lecshe

usmceng1

I wanted to try and make a T handle for my lecshe digger so I went to the hardware store and bought two 3/4 inch Tshaped PVC connectors for 35 cents each. I used my Gator Digger first as a test I took off the original grip and put some bonding puddy and super glue on the handle and then put the PVC T on top and let it sit for about 1 hr. I then tested it out in the yard and loved the way I could push harder in the ground with my whole palm It was perfect like a mini shovel. I then did the same to the Lecshe then I put black electrical tape on it and now i have 2 T handle diggers!!! I have another lecshe and gator so I can always go back. Im going to test it out at the park tomorrow.

Attachments

• T Handle 006.jpg
    T Handle 006.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4,436
  • T Handle 008.jpg
    T Handle 008.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4,355
Awesome mod!!!! Looks much more comfortable and like you said, you'll get much more leverage that way. Great idea!!

You know, this is worth passing along to the manufacturer. This is a better and more comfortable grip for digging. I don't own a Lecshe yet but I can tell that making a circular hole with it would be a little rough on the wrist over time. I've had carpal tunnel issues over the years so I wear a brace to keep my wrist where it belongs. This mod puts the digging for downward pressure on the palm of your hand and would make for more downward pressure and upward pressure would give be a much better grip.

Nice mod. I think I might try this out next season.

Edit: Maybe try this mod. Take another T-fitting and slide it down to the base of the digger. Then add a small length of PVC outward for a handle. That could offer a little more stability on two handed digs.

You know, this is worth passing along to the manufacturer. This is a better and more comfortable grip for digging. I don't own a Lecshe yet but I can tell that making a circular hole with it would be a little rough on the wrist over time. I've had carpal tunnel issues over the years so I wear a brace to keep my wrist where it belongs. This mod puts the digging for downward pressure on the palm of your hand and would make for more downward pressure and upward pressure would give be a much better grip.

Nice mod. I think I might try this out next season.

Edit: Maybe try this mod. Take another T-fitting and slide it down to the base of the digger. Then add a small length of PVC outward for a handle. That could offer a little more stability on two handed digs.

This mod would probably work with any digger just remove the grip. Its also very cheap to make prob about 2 dollars or so. I like the way it feels on my wrist. When I tested in in the yard The T handle was very comfortable and extra pushing power to dig without twisting my wrist. That Mod you mentioned might just work also, an extra handle to hold down with your left and push down on the T handle with your right hand might just work, I may try it on a older digger I have and see.

NICE!!!!

The Lesche has a great blade...but the handle is a touch short and doesn't have as much "pushing" ability as other "cheaper" diggers.

You fixed both issues!!! Without welding! VERY COOL!!

Hmmmmm.....will Plasti-Dip eat PVC?????

While not a T-handle, I have had the handle on my old 3-in-1 knife built up for years. I wrapped it in leather and then electrical tape, and finally coated it with liquid rubber. The wider area is a lot easier to push into the ground and not wide enough to interfere with digging the hole.
3N1.gif

Just went on a short hunt today with the T handle Lecshe and all I can say is WOW it worked great and it was wayyyy easier to dig my plug more torque and pushing power. Even my hunting buddy was impressed with it. Its like a mini shovel.

That is pretty cool! It will look nice in the sheath we are making you! :yes: But do you still want it in brown or do you want black? :cool: :yes:

I just epoxied and taped a rare-earth magnet to the end of the handle on mine. Figured it'd be easier dragging the nails and caps out. We'll see how it works.

very cool mod. was that schedule 40 pvc?
Not sure ,I know it was a 3/4 inch PVC plumbing connector. I went to the Home depot and found it in the plumbing section. Its really sturdy. I took it out this past sat and really gave it a workout and it held up. for 35cents it wasn't to bad. If it does break I saw a identical one in copper piping for 10.00

Hey, that's a heck of an idea. I just got a Lesche a few weeks ago and I already have wished for more leverage. I'll be doing this one for sure. Thanks for sharing.

EKW

The only thing I am going to change is the tape I put on the handle the electrical tape is a little slippery. Im going to find some cloth type tape or superglue some inner tube rubber to the handle.

maybe try that tape they use to wrap on hockey sticks....whatever thats called, i can't think of the name of it. you should be able ta find it at a sporting goods store.

This is a awesome mod! I was thinking there has to be a way to make it easier on the wrist while digging. I'm nursing a sore wrist now while its raining here. I'll be at Home Depot in the morning for sure. Thanks for posting

This is a awesome mod! I was thinking there has to be a way to make it easier on the wrist while digging. I'm nursing a sore wrist now while its raining here. I'll be at Home Depot in the morning for sure. Thanks for posting

To bond the T onto the lesche first I wraped a layer of electrical tape on the handle so it would be a snug fit then I put a thin layer of bonding puddy/super glue on it and stuck the T on and let it dry. Its held up so far. There are probably other ways you could bond it on the handle just make sure its snug when you add the bond or glue. 1 wrap of tape or maybe even plumbers pipe tape would do. If you do make one please post a pic!!!!!!

Hey usmceng1, I just put the t-handle on my new lesche. What a great idea. I want thank you for showing it to us. Great job, mine works perfect.

Back
Top Bottom