sand volleyball court

davidlhyde63366

Forum Supporter
I was able to get away from the honey do list for a couple of hours this morning and went to a volley ball court i hit last year with little results. I found 69cents in clad and lots of trash, but time out with the dog and detector priceless.

WTG! I'm interested in finding one to try it out. Around here a lot of folks play VB on the beach but I think a dedicated court might be better.

The general consensus is, do you see what these people are wearing when they play. Not much they could lose. But look along the sidelines and around the posts might be where people put stuff down.

I have searched one half of a HUGE dedicated sand volley ball court complex (the one half contained 5 courts) and a few other smaller volleyball courts. I have found very little and the little I did find was generally not in the playing area, but surrounding it. I think that when it comes to volleyball people tend to be more aware of their valuables. Just my experience.

I have had the same luck at 3 different local volleyball courts in the 3 parks around me, I never find anything but scrap and some clad if Im lucky, Either people playing arent wearing much or not carrying much.

I have my eyes on a sand court. I will be hitting it on tuesday. Seems like a good place to find rings. Sand volley ball is one of those sports that takes a toll on loose rings.

Our park district has four sand volleyball
courts that are together.

Around the perimeter I found a silver necklace
with a silver charm and about $1.50 in clad.

Everything came from the perimeter with the exception of
one quarter that was up by one of the
nets.

My first silver jewelry find came from a sand vb court near the net! I have found clad at others,but usually not much ...I still try though:) I found a yosemite souvenir at one near the net but it wasnt valuable:( Still at least it was a decent target.

Why would anyone wear anything playing volleyball...LOL...but spectators will.....nice.:cool:

I have tried several sand volleyball courts as well. I have also had the same results that many of the others have. Very little to show for my effort. Like the others, most finds have been outside the playing area. This doesn't mean I will stop trying them though. You never know where or when someone will lose a ring :)

Match Box cars around the edges is what I find and very little else. I would think you would find some good stuff at the one I have hit a few times. It is in a big public park right next to the tot lot and a covered building people can rent. The folks who come to a reunion or b-day party are not in sports attire so you would think they would lose some stuff in the informal games.

HH,
cb

One of the nearby parks has a sand volleyball court, right next to a basketball court. Both a separated by a strip 6 foot wide, of grass.

It was ridiculous, the amount of coinage coming out of that strip!

I've searched 4 VB courts and struck gold on two of them. Diamond ring and 18K bracelet, both found in similar location. Outside edge, perimeter of court. Watch where people set their shoes...Only find change in center court area, from falling out of the pockets.

sand volleyball court hunting

That is what i was hoping for , the court had a pavilion with tables next to it, and a horse shoe pit on the other side. I was hoping some of the people were playing in street clothes,I found much of the change close to the net where they had to jump.

Back
Top Bottom