Minelab Equinox interest (by the numbers)

It will be awesome if it lives up to all the hype. But I remember a super hyped invention that was going to change the world. It turned out to be the Segway scooter(cough).

Not seeing much more than a reworked xterra in the nox.Ive watched the videos, heard the rumors,,and to me it's a repacked Xterra.
Not that it's a bad thing,but it's not for me.

They dropped the price of the X-Terra 705 to $499, indicating they feel the EQ 600 & 800 are better. It seems to me they've found ways to do about the same thing for a lower cost. Steve Herschbach in Reno said he got correct IDs on silver dimes in that highly mineralized soil at 7" & 8" where other detectors could not do that beyond 6". Supposedly no Equinox detectors were sent to any place that had no mineralization, so it might not be an advantage there.

Lol,,ok you got me.I really don’t see much of anything that’s not already on the market tho.I guess I should clarify..if I were wanting the best unmasking machine I’d get a deus or a G2+,,I really doubt the nox will come anywhere near the deus.
If I wanted a deep coin machine I’d get a fbs,again I doubt the nox would come anywhere close.
I’d probably get one to try out seeming they’re not outrageously priced,but I won’t be one of the first,been there too many times.Ill leave that for you heavy weight guys,and see what you think first.

My error deleted. George (MN)

Last edited:
Adjustable recovery speed is the same as adjustable unmasking/separation?

Far from the way I'd describe it.

Me too, but unless there’s some other secret feature that Minelab hasn’t mentioned, recovery speed is the only thing I can think of that could be related to unmasking or separation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, but unless there’s some other secret feature that Minelab hasn’t mentioned, recovery speed is the only thing I can think of that could be related to unmasking or separation.

Sounds like it's a feature many will try maxed out. After all who wants low separation/unmasking. Sounds like it's all upside LOL

Worded that way, it would make me think of a vacuum with multiple speeds, who would ever use it on low? Like someone would only want to pick up part of the dirt. :lol:

Bumping up the recovery speed usually means less depth and choppier tones, so probably a trade off there.

From what I’ve been reading on it, sounds like it’s supposed to be pretty fast even with the recovery speed adjusted to the low side. Can’t wait to get my hands on one!

Faster recovery usually means less depth and choppier tones, so probably a trade off there like with the Deus.

From what I’ve been reading on it, sounds like it’s supposed to be pretty fast even with the recovery speed adjusted to the low side. Can’t wait to get my hands on one!

And less accurate ID on deeper targets

Adjustable unmasking/seperation?????

At the risk of sounding like a newbie with flip flop detectors, what the he77 is that?

Sorry, had the ? because I wasn't sure what term I was trying to think of. I haven't read the on line manual yet and wasn't using notes. My memory isn't what it used to be-wish I had an adjustment for that!

Sorry, had the ? because I wasn't sure what term I was trying to think of. I haven't read the on line manual yet and wasn't using notes. My memory isn't what it used to be-wish I had an adjustment for that!

Sorry, it's my error. George (MN)

Ok no problem, just wasn't sure what their marketing department was trying to sell with that feature.LOL

Recovery speed setting.
On Equinox could it have some thing to with unmasking??
Yes.
Could the speed setting depending, have some thing to do with unmasking as far as soil mineralization goes??
I can't say, but Reactivty setting on Deus sure does.

I think a lot of goings on with Equinox tech is just this-- unmasking in soil.
Question
Notice where it seems the Equinox testers in USA live.
Out west where soil minerals generally higher.

I actually think on ground (milder) Equinox won't rule the roost for soil unmasking on solo sitting targets.
But at some point ground mineral level wise Equinox will start outperforming fbs/fbs tech.

But also remember, for folks who live in areas with even milder soil,,old sites with rust p, heavily decomposed ferrous, this material mimmicks higher soil minerals. So any and all detectorists can benefit using Equinox.

We can be certain I think, Minelab studied XP Deus in great detail as far as performance, and was likely used to set the bar or surpass the bar. This is not to mean Equinox surpasses Deus in every facet.

Back
Top Bottom