Cobb, Paulding and Douglas Counties Georgia

That area appears to be a soccer field but I'm sure we will find lots of stuff all over the grounds and of course I never dig on the actual football field, most of the time they are completely gated off anyways. quickest way to be asked to leave a high school... let them see you :digginahole: on their football field. :lol:

I guess it's also worth mentioning I haven't asked the school for permission but I've never had any problems metal detecting at schools, besides the police around here have much better stuff to do than harass good people like ourselves.

Try that in Cobb county and see what happens. Every school is fenced and the gates are locked.

Just a vote of confidence that I am still in for Sunday. I basically have to let my wife plan my Saturday, but such is life. :D

Brian

I happened to run into another guy with a detector when I was out detecting today near a Local elementary school. He said he was from Woodstock GA but he grew up here in Douglas County, I invited him, I don't think he will come but who knows.

I am glad that everyone had a good time. My 43 cents in clad was okay with me. It was 70 degrees and sunny, and it was fun to get out for a new season.

Congrats on that silver ring, Jeff. That was clearly the find of the day. Of course SD's fake civil war bullet, I am sure got the old heart pounding for a little while.

Brian

Just read the post's about your bullet being real SD. That is so cool. Silver and Civil War relics in one day, is a good day indeed. :D

Sure is cool that the bullet turned out to be the real deal, I wonder if it's been down there since the Civil War or if someone lost it there sometime after the school was built, either way great find, makes me want to go hunting for some Civil War relics. I guess we should start looking for another place to search, I'm going to do some research and see if I can find and perhaps get permission for some place with civil war history. I'll let you guys know what I find.

I have three different people I need to call about 3 different home sites all built circa 1915. I'll let you all know how that goes.

As I metioned before, I just like getting out and about. If you guys would like to hit a public park or something this Sunday, just let me know.

Otherwise, I might just hit the totlot in my neighborhood. I need to work on pinpointing. I was off two or three inches either way last week. I might just switch to a smaller coil.

I have decided to make my personal goal $100 in clad. I figure if I am out and about that much, then I should also find something good every once in awhile.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom