Weekend River Beach Hunt

*Cali Girl*

Elite Member
Went out early after the 4th to one of the trashiest beaches I've ever seen. Looked like there would only be bottle caps and pull tabs between all the shoes, pizza boxes and other fast food garbage but had some luck :D

Found a few small pocket spills, a pair of sunglasses (Diggum says he returned them but they weren't in my bag so I think he's probably wearing them right now :laughing: ), a wheat penny (I know it's not exciting to some but I enjoy finding them) and other miscellaneous things. The "Google" looking gold piece has me puzzled though :?: Not sure exactly what that says.

Overall fun day though regardless of the trash and lack of gold/silver :grin:

Nice finds, congrats on a productive hunt!

Even though I have found well over 3,000 wheatbacks, I still enjoy finding each an every one. Well, with the exception of the ones that sound like deep silver coins!

Greg

You forgot to mention the things that looked like melted Baby Ruth bars, but weren't. :shock:

Bummer about the glasses, they were cool. You should have tried them on! You'd have had that metal detecting librarian look that's all the rage. :laughing:

You killed it on this hunt. Congrats!

Not a bad post 4th of July hunt! Our Main Beach at the Boardwalk wasn't as trashed as I thought it would been?!?:?: They must have come in late at night or very early in the morning to pick up the big piles of trash!:roll::p Should have come down, you would have been one of at least 16 on the morning of the 5th! :laughing::laughing:

Looks like fun! :cool:

Yeah it's sad how trashed many beaches are, what is with these people? I better stop right there it just ticks me off something fierce.

Nice hunt. I like the wheats too... I just don't get too excited about them because they are still in circulation, so not necessarily an indication of things to come when hunting on the beach.

"Coogi" or "Coogis" is a clothing line. Not for a Raider fan, but I think I saw SeabeeRon wearing one of their sweaters while metal detecting... :laughing:

image.jpg

R5

Back
Top Bottom