ATT Deus owners

choppadude

Forum Supporter
I seen in the update release that the 4.0 program for the Deus will use the coil serial# as the name of the coil. I had to program in a new coil this morning so I made it a point to rename the other 2 coils by the serial # and hopefully wont have to re enter upon updating.

Just so I am clear, do you have to buy new stuff for the update? Or is it possible to update my current 3.2 remote?

Just so I am clear, do you have to buy new stuff for the update? Or is it possible to update my current 3.2 remote?

You don't need to purchase anything, you can just download 4.0 to your current remote.

Yep, you get everything but number 6 with existing hardware. If I have time I will try to get clarification on the coil name thing and features this weekend. Hopefully some videos too. No promises!

Version 4 New Features and Menus

1. New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

2. New Reactivity 2.5
This level of fast and effective reactivity is a perfect default setting; it represents a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.

3. Improved Programs No10 & No4
Prog 10 Gold field: Advanced audio response and reactivity responses have been added. Excellent performance especially when used in conjunction with the new HF coils…now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. Prog 4 Pitch: Added iron volume and the new reactivity of 2.5 has made pitch more dynamic.

4. Improved ferrous discrimination range
For those who search in all Metal, the negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 now makes it possible to hear ferrous targets which in the past have been silent or partially rejected. The lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have originally been rejected. The lower discrimination can also be an advantage when searching for difficult targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.

5. Ground Effects
Advanced ground tracking, especially on weak or low mineralized soils. Each frequency adjusts to its own ground effect value. Improved overall signal processing on difficult ground.

6. Display and signal processing compatible with the new HF coils
When using a 21-frequency HF coil, the display is now capable of handling detecting frequencies up to 80kHz (18kHz before), as well as 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

7. DEUS has a compatibility with a Smartphone
Target and ground data can now be sent via link to a smartphone. The new application will soon be available for the Deus, features include : Mapping of detected signals, view / save your search tracks, log finds plus much more, all accessed from and your smartphone (soon available on the web).

8. New program No 9 «HOT»
HOT «The Pro setting» this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.

9. New program No 6 «DEEP»
Pro setting for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing.

10. Improved Non motion Mode
Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

11. Miscellaneous
Thanks to advances in software, the microprocessor can now work much faster. Navigating the menu is smoother than previous Deus versions, with improved processing. The remote control and the headphones still have a respectable battery life of between 18 and
20 hours.

Normalization is now a menu feature on XP headphones.
The headphone volume is stored when the unit is switched off.
The serial number is now used as the coil name.
Deleting a coil is done by replacing all the characters with 0.
Audio tones now have a higher range – 120 to 993 Hz.
Target Normalization mode ON is now the default.
Note: When HF coils are fitted there will be no normalization or TX gain setting available in the menu.

Here is the new product release. Bottom right hand corner second line down states:

"The serial number is now used as the coil name"
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blo...uploads/sites/2/2017/02/DEUS_update_V4_UK.pdf

I'm aware as I posted above. I was thinking more on the lines of what does that look like before and after update. Does it auto change the to serial, or does if force a repairing to pick up the serial vs manually changing in advance like you did. I would assume it just re-writes the name to serial for you.

I'm aware as I posted above. I was thinking more on the lines of what does that look like before and after update. Does it auto change the to serial, or does if force a repairing to pick up the serial vs manually changing in advance like you did. I would assume it just re-writes the name to serial for you.

Understood. Look forward to getting any and all info I can on the new things coming for the Deus. Thanks for helping get the info out there.

1. New XY Display
Within the Profile menu is the XY screen option, the XY is an oscilloscope display and can be used as the main screen. The XY display may offer a better visual discrimination aid for certain targets that do not have a specific signature, such as certain large ferrous items, bottle caps etc. The display resolution of the XY trace has 10 levels of magnification thanks to a Zoom function accessible by pressing the Pinpoint button for 2 seconds.

Glad to see this.. I hunt almost exclusively using the XY screen and I hate having to enable the hidden feature every time I power on the detector.

Looks like they're making the VDI numbers a little larger on the XY screen as well. Another welcomed improvement.

Glad to see this.. I hunt almost exclusively using the XY screen and I hate having to enable the hidden feature every time I power on the detector.

Looks like they're making the VDI numbers a little larger on the XY screen as well. Another welcomed improvement.

That makes two of us. I really like using that screen when coin hunting with the Deus.

Yes ID bigger on xy screen. Id on upper left.

I just updated my remote and it automatically changed coil name to serial.

UPS didnt come until after 7pm and I had to go out tonight or I would have made some videos. Hopefully tomorrow.

On the new coil battery in stem is actually in top of lower rod so the weight is mid shaft not down by the coil so it does improve balance. Not that it really matters on a 2lb detector but hey they are always improving.

You don't need to purchase anything, you can just download 4.0 to your current remote.

Thank you Sir!

Yep, you get everything but number 6 with existing hardware. If I have time I will try to get clarification on the coil name thing and features this weekend. Hopefully some videos too. No promises!

Version 4 New Features and Menus

1. New XY Display

2. New Reactivity 2.5
This level of fast and effective reactivity is a perfect default setting; it represents a good compromise especially when searching new terrain.

3. Improved Programs No10 & No4
Prog 10 Gold field: Advanced audio response and reactivity responses have been added. Excellent performance especially when used in conjunction with the new HF coils…now difficult targets can easily be detected in mineralized ground. Prog 4 Pitch: Added iron volume and the new reactivity of 2.5 has made pitch more dynamic.

4. Improved ferrous discrimination range
For those who search in all Metal, the negative discrimination of 0 to -6.4 now makes it possible to hear ferrous targets which in the past have been silent or partially rejected. The lower discrimination range can also enhance the signature from deep targets which may have originally been rejected. The lower discrimination can also be an advantage when searching for difficult targets such as ceramics or even meteorites.

5. Ground Effects
Advanced ground tracking, especially on weak or low mineralized soils. Each frequency adjusts to its own ground effect value. Improved overall signal processing on difficult ground.

6. Display and signal processing compatible with the new HF coils
When using a 21-frequency HF coil, the display is now capable of handling detecting frequencies up to 80kHz (18kHz before), as well as 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

7. DEUS has a compatibility with a Smartphone
Target and ground data can now be sent via link to a smartphone. The new application will soon be available for the Deus, features include : Mapping of detected signals, view / save your search tracks, log finds plus much more, all accessed from and your smartphone (soon available on the web).

8. New program No 9 «HOT»
HOT «The Pro setting» this is a find everything program, based on the Full Tone audio mode with a very low discrimination. Hot is a very interactive program offering excellent feedback and target information.

9. New program No 6 «DEEP»
Pro setting for locating deep targets, with moderate discrimination and specific signal processing.

10. Improved Non motion Mode
Non motion modes are now more advanced offering better identification on a wider target range, with an improved sensitivity to small targets.

11. Miscellaneous
Thanks to advances in software, the microprocessor can now work much faster. Navigating the menu is smoother than previous Deus versions, with improved processing. The remote control and the headphones still have a respectable battery life of between 18 and
20 hours.

Normalization is now a menu feature on XP headphones.
The headphone volume is stored when the unit is switched off.
The serial number is now used as the coil name.
Deleting a coil is done by replacing all the characters with 0.
Audio tones now have a higher range – 120 to 993 Hz.
Target Normalization mode ON is now the default.
Note: When HF coils are fitted there will be no normalization or TX gain setting available in the menu.

WOW!

Choppa,

When I down graded back to 3.2 it brought back my custom coil name.

Also, dont leave a version 4 coil paired when down grading. Doesnt like that. :lol:

Thanks for the info! I am hearing march 31st for V4 to be released, have you heard any different?

What dealers have heard officially is the new coil and pointers are expected to ship from France by 3/31/17. Once they start shipping V4 will be released.

The code I and others are using to evaluate is still technically Beta so we all will be download the official V4 when available.

I know that's not really any different than you heard just putting it out there.

Back
Top Bottom