Nokta Impact information

LoL and the Impacts no lightweight at 4.2lb

I think the 4.2 lbs is with stock coil.

So shave some of the 4.2 off using smallest coil.

Handgrip position is also much better,,how it naturally fits angle wise when I use it vs CTX.

The gent I was hunting with,,I told him,my CTX just may be hitting the road soon.

Hard to understand how a company(Minelab) could get such a pricey detector so wrong in the weight, balance, and hand grip angle depts.

Handgrip position is also much better,,how it naturally fits angle wise when I use it vs CTX.

The gent I was hunting with,,I told him,my CTX just may be hitting the road soon.

Hard to understand how a company(Minelab) could get such a pricey detector so wrong in the weight, balance, and hand grip angle depts.

Obviously, it is each persons personal preference but I happen to think the CTX3030 is balanced EXTREMELY WELL and with this balance compensates for the weight. I can swing it all day (and have), no problem. Just sayin.

4.2lb is still a tad heavy, i think my Rutus with 11" coil is 3.7lb

Obviously, it is each persons personal preference but I happen to think the CTX3030 is balanced EXTREMELY WELL and with this balance compensates for the weight. I can swing it all day (and have), no problem. Just sayin.

Yeah, the CTX is closer to 5lbs but I feel the balance, grip angle, and general design to be nearly the same as the Impact. Which is a great thing! all the makro's and Nokta's before have had too acute (racer 1) or obtuse (racer 2, fors) grip angle. Would seem to be very simple to match. Just clench a fist and measure the nuckles angle. :lol: Quick eyeball looks to be around 110 degrees.

Fisher, Teknetics, Tesoro, Garrett don't seem to have a problem with this. Glad to see Nokta and hopefully Makro following suit.

Well I finally got a deal worked out and I want to thank Steve Carr from Kellyco. He was awesome probably got me the best deal ever with the Impact, wireless headset and a minelab go find 60 for my son! Let's put it this way I only spent 100 dollars over what the Impact pro pack costs so you can do the math on that one.

All I can say is thanks Steve I have only purchased from kellyco but I was close to using another vendor. I was starting to have my doubts about them with a name not stated rep I was dealing with before.

Now all I have to do is wait for it to pass customs and be shipped to me! My son is so excited about having his own detector and I can't wait to take him with me. Well the 3yr old and 4yr old have to share for now but I also have an old BH timeranger one of them can use. Which i found my first silver with the time ranger 1942 merc! My only problem now is having to wait for this bad boy to arrive!

Last edited:
Well I finally got a deal worked out and I want to thank Steve Carr from Kellyco. He was awesome probably got me the best deal ever with the Impact, wireless headset and a minelab go find 60 for my son! Let's put it this way I only spent 100 dollars over what the Impact pro pack costs so you can do the math on that one. All I can say is thanks Steve I have only purchased from kellyco but I was close to using another vendor. I was starting to have my doubts about them with a name not stated rep I was dealing with before.
Now all I have to do is wait for it to pass customs and be shipped to me! My son is so excited about having his own detector and I can't wait to take him with me. Well the 3yr old and 4yr old have to share for now but I also have an old BH timeranger one of them can use. Which i found my first silver with the time ranger 1942 merc! My only problem now is having to wait for this bad boy to arrive!

Congrats on your purchase and your children's purchase.

It won't be long,,,until the games will begin.
I think you'll enjoy your unit.
And just maybe you'll get them hooked.

Make them dig.

Cheers

Got an hour in the mud. Really like it. Has elements of all my favorite single freq detector all rolled up in one.

Is it as good as good as FBS on coins? Nope
Is it as good or better than single freq detectors on coins? Absolutely

Congrats on your purchase and your children's purchase.

It won't be long,,,until the games will begin.
I think you'll enjoy your unit.
And just maybe you'll get them hooked.

Make them dig.

Cheers

Thanks! I have a feeling if they are anything like me it won't take long for them to be hooked! I just hope the Impact was a good choice on my part. It will definitely be a change from the Etrac but I'm hoping Its a good change. I just wish I could have tried it out first before buying it! Oh well I guess time will tell!

Just maybe it will find that gold coin I've been missing with the Etrac for 6 or so years! You never know and that's why I love this way of life called metal detecting!

Got an hour in the mud. Really like it. Has elements of all my favorite single freq detector all rolled up in one.

Is it as good as good as FBS on coins? Nope
Is it as good or better than single freq detectors on coins? Absolutely

What kind of site were you hunting??

Thanks! I have a feeling if they are anything like me it won't take long for them to be hooked! I just hope the Impact was a good choice on my part. It will definitely be a change from the Etrac but I'm hoping Its a good change. I just wish I could have tried it out first before buying it! Oh well I guess time will tell!

Just maybe it will find that gold coin I've been missing with the Etrac for 6 or so years! You never know and that's why I love this way of life called metal detecting!

You are welcome.

You might find jewelry missed by Etrac.
You might find coins too missed by Etrac.

And I'll bet your arm,,wrist and shoulder feel better using Impact vs Etrac after hours of use.

Yep version 1.13 is available.
After update,,check your detector,,holding plus and minus keys when turning on,,,keep holding,,you should see number 13 in GB window.

Back
Top Bottom