• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fool me once...shame on me. Fool me three times...you won’t get fooled again!

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I met up with Craig to kick off the 2020 season and enjoy the bizarre 64 degree temps today. The wind was supposed to be horrible and we almost didn’t go but oddly, the water was flat calm. Unfortunately it was a late tide and of course my headlamp batteries died ten mins into the hunt. (My kids love to play with my headlamps and kill the batteries).
I started off with the stainless ring that looked good in the scoop. Strike one. Hour later I find stainless ring #2. Strike two. 30 mins later I get a 2 VDI on the Nox and dig the gold chain. Did I say gold chain? I meant Stainless [emoji2959]. As I’m about to give up, I hit a sweet mid tone and hauled in the 14k gold ring. (5.58g) Finally, I can go home victorious.
The cool old whistle I found near the gold ring still works and it’s loud as hell!
0b9320c67f355c3eaf736f08ab8e1cd2.jpg

3f7bc3f90afe2344ae0812f5fdeb4c4f.jpg

05d7ff3397bdd112a0b3f034f71c5962.jpg

8bb659a4da56ca117d3e1ef7e6877634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! That’s whistle should be engraved if it’s the 1 I’m thinking of. Could be police, fire or a rape whistle. Design looks familiar.

Funny post. Nice chain. Those damn rings give you a little heart murmur when you 1st look in the scoop...

Haha! I can see ya blowing the whistle every time your kids wear the headlights now! Congrats on a fun hunt!

The whistle looks like an Acme Thunder life guard whistle. I have a drawer full of them. Which ring is the gold?? White band or big diamond? Inquiring minds want to know

:dingding: Congrats on getting the gold after the duds!
The whistle looks like an Acme Thunder life guard whistle. I have a drawer full of them. Which ring is the gold?? White band or big diamond? Inquiring minds want to know
X2 on which ring. I've had a couple of those whistles in my job. PE coaches use them as well.

Glad you scored gold... as I said its a long ride home to get skunked...

George first sent me the pictures and I saw the chain and congratulated him on finding a nice gold chain and gold ring... I had left early because I have to cook for a the wife... she doesn't cook :roll: Then cook for my 93 year old mom... I'll get around to post my stuff later on... was too lazy to take my pouch out of my truck last night...

As George said they were calling for SSW winds up to 40 MPH yesterday afternoon and night...

The yellow gold is real... hope the stone is.

The one with the big center stone and baguettes is 14k. Hopefully they are real but I have a knack for finding CZ's. I'm still bummed about the chain. It looks legit too. The clasp says "STAINLESS STEEL CHINA" :mad:

A very nice start! With beach detecting, I learned very quickly don't get too excited until you can verify what you have found. The gold looks great!

WOW, I bet that stone is real. Your post was great but I certainly was confused if the band or the monster stone ring was real! Nice way to keep us wondering.

Congrats on a great hunt

Back
Top Bottom