• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I reached my goal of 100 silvers FTY!

Waveoff

Elite Member
I never thought I would have reached my goal this early in the year. Thanks to a virgin park spot I found, I was able to boost the silver totals early. After talking to some older locals, I found out that this spot was used for San Rocco festivals from the 40s until the 60s.

I hit my honey hole on Monday and made a push for 100 but fell short of my goal by 3. However, I made a totally unexpected find in this site littered with modern silver. A 1908 Barber quarter that was buried no deeper than all of the other coins at this site. I'm thinking someone may have grabbed it from their dad's collection back in the 50s or 60s and dropped it. Who knows?

Yesterday I felt was going to be the day. Markinswpa came out to join me for a honey hole hunt and also let me try out his 6" Nox coil. After digging 20+ rusty nails the sounded and ID'd like silver dimes, I put the stock coil back on.:lol: Mark mentioned that he felt the separation on the 6" was about the same as the stock coil. I have to agree with him on that. The stock coil went back on my machine and then it was game on. I started digging wheats and clad with less nails being dug. I also managed to find the 3 silvers I needed to reach 100 in short order. Mark was there to see the reveal of #100 and took some pictures. I shot a video of it as well. Thanks for being a part of my milestone and letting me borrow your 6" coil buddy!

Just for the heck of it I was curious how many wheats I dug in relation to the silvers. As of yesterday I have found 245 2/3 wheats. I snapped a quick pic of them after counting. Sorry I didn't take a pretty pic of my silvers all laid out as they're all in 2x2's for keeping track of my finds better this year.

Thanks for looking and HH!

DhfdqsS.jpg

FaMkLac.jpg

IUPwixA.jpg

Pad5lua.jpg

hqHJu87.jpg

HqpZRrd.jpg

0RFDfyx.jpg

What a amazing year your having Fred. Reaching the first of many possible plateaus with the century mark is fantastic. Please do not let up or back away. But challenge yourself to go beyond what you have thought to be possible. A huge congrats my friend on attaining your first goal. On a side note your ratio of Wheat's to Silver is amazing but while I don't have you volume of coins my ratio is a bit better so far this year. Trapper

That 2.4 to 1 ratio of wheats to silver is incredible. Congrats.

Thank you! The ratio has been much better this year than in previous years.

Nice finds and congrats on hitting the century mark.

Thank you Jam! I was worried I wouldn't make it by the end of the year.

Heck of a lot of silver, congrats!

Thanks! Hopefully I can add to the pile a little more by the end of the year.

Nice work! Very impressive.

Thank you! I've been very lucky this year!

Yowser ! ! !

What a haul ! Awesome / congratulations !

Thanks! I hope I can find a few more before the year is over.

What a amazing year your having Fred. Reaching the first of many possible plateaus with the century mark is fantastic. Please do not let up or back away. But challenge yourself to go beyond what you have thought to be possible. A huge congrats my friend on attaining your first goal. On a side note your ratio of Wheat's to Silver is amazing but while I don't have you volume of coins my ratio is a bit better so far this year. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! Hopefully I can keep the momentum going. Your huge total from last year inspired me to really hit it hard this year. It looks you're on track to having another great year with your excellent wheat to silver ratio so far.

Congrats on reaching your goal of 100 silvers FTY, Fred! :woot: Absolutely fantastic that you were able to accomplish such a milestone in only 4 months. Congrats on all the wheaties, as well. :good:

Congrats that's a lot of silver FTY. I just hit my two year anniversary detecting and have only found 50 silver coins total so far. Keep up the good work!

Wow, that is incredible, that "honey hole" spot really did you well! I think I am at about 20 shiny so far this year, slow start and not a lot of detecting. And what a good Wheat/Silver ration, mine is usually about 5 wheats per shiny.

Congrats on #100 silver,,, Now find 100 rings,,, Beach time

Thank you! If there was a beach near me I would definitely hit it. I haven't found gold in almost 2 years!

Congrats on reaching your goal of 100 silvers FTY, Fred! :woot: Absolutely fantastic that you were able to accomplish such a milestone in only 4 months. Congrats on all the wheaties, as well. :good:

Thank you Wolfie! It took a lot of digging to reach this goal but it sure was exciting.:yes:

BAM! Nice work man! :wow:

Thank you GS!

Congrats that's a lot of silver FTY. I just hit my two year anniversary detecting and have only found 50 silver coins total so far. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! Finding this many silvers was quite a surprise. I wish you luck and hope you find many more silvers on your future hunts.

Awesome! How many silvers have you pulled from that location?

Thanks! I have to go back and count but I know it's at least 55...probably 60 or more though since I first hit the place last year.

Wow, that is incredible, that "honey hole" spot really did you well! I think I am at about 20 shiny so far this year, slow start and not a lot of detecting. And what a good Wheat/Silver ration, mine is usually about 5 wheats per shiny.

Thank you! 5 to 1 was about my wheat to silver ratio prior to this as well. You just never know when luck will strike and you stumble upon a great spot!

Congrats on hitting the century mark Fred! What's the next milestone? 150? 200??

Thanks Jake! I'd like to shoot for 200 but I think I'll need to find another virgin spot like the honey hole. Not likely in our neck of the woods. But you never know!

You’re absolutely killing it WO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom