Any Idea? Age

rivvers

found this yesterday, think it is Maillard candy box badge., It is copper and thin. Just trying to confirm this and the age, because i cant find one anywhere online.

thanks
rivvers

IMAG0537.jpgIMAG0534.jpg

Someone said they were for candy, but they were also used at tables, for sugar cubes! :D

That probably is true Nectar. However, all the info I have read and all the pictures have the candy companies name on them. So my belief is they were made for candy companies to either sell or give out and people then used them for whatever they desired. One of their desires was sugar cubes I am sure.

That probably is true Nectar. However, all the info I have read and all the pictures have the candy companies name on them. So my belief is they were made for candy companies to either sell or give out and people then used them for whatever they desired. One of their desires was sugar cubes I am sure.

Isn't it neat the different items we find, discuss and identify? It never ceases to amaze me the collective knowledge on relics and artifacts that we find!

Yours that was not bent, that IS interesting!

They packed them flat in the chocolate boxes.
After you opened the box you bend them in half and start using for picking the candies from the box.
It was considered vulgar at that time (end of XIX - beginning of XX centuriy) to pick the candies from the box with your bare fingers, especially for ladies. :)

Back
Top Bottom