blisstool

Need a review on the LTC64x V3 that's not from a dealer, is there anyone out there?

We did depth tests at 8” in heavily mineralized soil with two targets, a Liberty Silver Dime, and a 14K gold men’s wedding band (5-grams). We dug two plugs, and pushed the targets into the wall of the hole, then refilled it and tamped it down.

Tests were done with a normal walking and hunting swing approach and pass over, and pinpointing the targets (just swinging directly over the targets). Using MINIMAL Discrimination (set just above Iron), the following machines either struggled with or missed one, or both targets:

CTX 3030; XP Deus; Whites DFX; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Whites V3i; Fisher F75; Bounty Hunter Platinum; Garrett AT Pro.

The Bisstool V3 with an 11” coil nailed both targets clearly from every direction it approached from. Every other machine struggled, and even the XP Deus owner and the three CTX 3030 operators said they probably would not have dug the signals they were getting. When I popped the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq into ALL METAL, I could hear both targets clearly, but NOT in Discriminate mode.

There ARE drawbacks to the Blisstool. It is not a beginner machine, and is a one tone, multi-knob Monster! The coils are NOT interchangeable between machines, and are made for the specific machine they are to be used on. They are expensive. So there are NO aftermarket coils, or replacing yours with one off of Ebay.

It hits on ALL Metal, even with full discrimination, but the signal is “broken” and has a different modulation than no-ferrous targets. So you are still getting signals, no silent discrimination.

I’m not completely sold on the machine yet, but I was certainly impressed by its ability to nail a silver dime in hot dirt at 8”. It sounded like a quarter at 4” with the CTX 3030 and XP Deus. Just saying..

I know a guy with the Blisstool and he has expressed the same about the depth capabilities, it is exceptional. The other thing about the Blisstool, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that it has the capability to adjust discrimination based on depth. That means you can avoid really deep iron, but keep it somewhat more open for shallower targets.

The Blisstool was designed to be a hard core relic hunting machine, and as Terry said it has a HIGH learning curve. An unknowing newbie buying a Blisstool V3 would chuck it like a golf club.

hello from new rochelle ny,i did purchase the blisstool v3 to complement the e-trac i had been useing.it would be fair to say that it is an easy machine to set up and use after a little understanding what the machine is designed to do.as much as i loved the e-trac ,i knew there were some limits in it's use on very deep targets especially around colonial iron.well i decided to revisit some sites i wrote off as just iron left.i was pleasantly suprised at this detectors ability to navigate around the iron without the blanket effect of the nulling which the etrac would do even in just iron nails reject program,this detector i did have a small learning curve to deal with when i first encountered hot rocks but you learn the tricks and move on,in closing all i can say is keep it as a secret weapon in your arsonal for farm fields,deep woods deep beach and colomial sites,this machine is a steal at the price for all the potential it gives out.just a side note i did invest in a ctx as an upgrade to the etrac which does offer better seperation in trashy areas but equal in depth in my early opionon.truely love this hobby(addiction)hh

I was looking at that machine but

OBN has a nice video demo on that machine,Terry very good info indeed,i do know Colonial sell's them,i havn't seen any other dealer's carry them,i don't like the not being able to Change coil's:roll:,depth is great:yes:knowing what you dig with a fe -co screen is for me,like the etrac with both fe-co and mask,better than the standard Co,or none at all like- this machine,don't want to dig 2 ft only to find a bottle cap, or pull tab,or junk,i think another guy is that posted on this thread is correct,if i was a relic hunter,i would purchase this machine,other than that probally not,no video Id screen and coil change option,NOT for me,happy hunting Earl

Back
Top Bottom