G.O.T returns tonight!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
We only pay for HBO when this show returns, when it is over we dump it.

You want drama?
It returns tonight...in spades!
People died last season, lots of them and no one is safe on this show, but there are still some left so we will see who is the next to go.
Dying isn't the end of all things in this show either...just ask this guy about that.

Game-of-thrones-WHITE-WALKER-2-690x1024.jpg

You got giants and magic swords and thrones and lots of battles and good and bad guys...mostly bad guys.
Many are trying to return home, this one is bringing an army and a couple of fire breathing dragons with her.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Winter has come!

Great story line, brilliant plot twists, outstanding character development, deep intrigue, chess grand master strategy, attentive wardrobe and accessories, horsemanship, weapon development, realistic CG, a tremendous amount of swearing and violence sprinkled with full frontal flagrant gratuitous naughtiness....

They ran the whole GOT series Marathon back a few weeks...I watch it mainly for the weaponry design and the cool wooden boats of course...I also want to see what happens to the Hound, and how Arya is gonna kill the Mountain, since He is on her list, and She is on a roll!....Probably gonna take a consortium between both her and the Hound to do it somehow..maybe those girls from Dorne thrown in even, since the Mountain crushed their Daddies skull?

We think that Khaleesi is gonna team up with John Snow and his new formed King of the North group of the kingdoms and Wildlings...Its gonna take some doing to beat those White Walkers, even with the Dragons....

Of course that leaves Cersei up to no good, and she is not one to disregard lightly, even though her progeny is now all dead, with no one left out of her bloodline to assume the throne, She is still a key component and a dangerous force.....I dont know man....

Last edited:
I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and start watching this someday, it sounds good! I didn't have HBO when it started and still don't, I quit buying it back in the 90s when they kept playing the same 20 movies over and over. Hate when they do that!

I just finished (finally!) binge watching the whole 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica, which for some reason (I was working nights when it ran) I had never seen. Awesome show, loved it... Katee Sackhoff did an awesome job as Starbuck...

I'm stuck on a few newer shows now, Vikings, which I've watched from the get-go and am anxiously awaiting the new season's episodes, and a couple series on Hulu, Harlots & The Handmaidens Tale... Hilarious combination but yeah...

The whole series of 'Aliens' was on last night! It started around 8pm and went all the way through back to back until 4! I had to get up at 5am and go make my rounds of the beaches and totters! Grueling! I need a nap before GOT comes on tonight! :laughing:
Boy, we sure miss Bill Paxton! "Game over Man!, Game over!" Oh man..that was such a perfect line and scene there...It will be repeated for a long time..

Great story line, brilliant plot twists, outstanding character development, deep intrigue, chess grand master strategy, attentive wardrobe and accessories, horsemanship, weapon development, realistic CG, a tremendous amount of violence sprinkled with full frontal gratuitous naughtiness....

They ran the whole GOT series Marathon back a few weeks...I watch it mainly for the weaponry design and the cool wooden boats of course...I also want to see what happens to the Hound, and how Arya is gonna kill the Mountain, since He is on her list, and She is on a roll!....Probably gonna take a consortium between both her and the Hound to do it somehow..maybe those girls from Dorne thrown in even, since the Mountain crushed their Daddies skull?

We think that Khaleesi is gonna team up with John Snow and his new formed King of the North group of the kingdoms and Wildlings...Its gonna take some doing to beat those White Walkers, even with the Dragons....

Of course that leaves Cersei up to no good, and she is not one to disregard lightly, even though her progeny is now all dead, with no one left out of her bloodline to assume the throne, She is still a key component and a dangerous force.....I dont know man....

There is an old saying Mud.....never ever, ever, EVER trust a girl from Dorne, like ever!
Don't eat anything they give you, don't drink anything they hand you, for God's sake don't ever kiss them and stay far outside the range of any weapons they carry.
Dorne is the N. Korea of all the lands and kingdoms...it may be beautiful but deadly, crazy people live there.

I'm going to guess that john snow and Khaleesi are related somehow and will team up and kill just a few people this season...

“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.”

Yahoo TV has the odds on favorites of who will be sitting on the iron throne at at end of this season from a gaming site Bovada and yes, you can actually get real money on this stuff.

Don't see the Whitewalker King in there but he has a different agenda.

1 / 9 Daenerys Targaryen. Bovada Odds — 8/5

2 / 9. Jon Snow. Bovada Odds — 10/1

3 / 9. Cersei Lannister. Bovada Odds — 10/13

4 / 9. Sansa Stark. Bovada Odds — 12/1

5 / 9. Tyrion Lannister. Bovada Odds — 10/1

6 / 9. Peter “Littlefinger” Baelish. Bovada Odds — 14/1

7 / 9. Jamie Lannister. Bovada Odds — 18/1

8 / 9. Arya Stark. Bovada Odds — 25/1

9 / 9. Gendry (Baratheon) Bovada Odds — 7/2

A few hopes for this season...

Bran walks again
Cersei gets what she deserves
Littlefinger is also punished
Arya crosses a few more off her list
Tyrion survives with his wit intact
Lord Varys finally shows us how he gets around so fast
The Hound kills a few more bad guys
Someone finally figures out how to put The Mountain down for good
Jon Snow and The Mother of Dragons end up sharing the throne

It was a great premier.
Mostly just setting up for the many things to come.
The Whitewalkers got giants now, Jon and Sansa have some sibling rivalry going on but only the fate of the world hangs in the balance of their decisions and Arya got to hang out with Ed Sheeran.
Plus she kicked butt in the opening scene.
Her list appears to be way longer than most thought and the girl has skills, not only at using deadly poisons but she can disguise herself as a much older, and way taller, old enemy she already took care of last season in order to take care of many more of his bothersome family members.

Euron Greyjoy resolves to get a stellar gift for Cersei to get her to marry him, I doubt he left in his many cool ships just to go look on Amazon.

This one seemed to be about old memories and how they will all be used to frame future actions.

12 shows total before this show ends over the next two seasons....One down and 11 to go.
Looking forward to it.

"Shall we begin?"...indeed.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a brilliant season set up with a Great opener! Pound for pound, Arya is second only to Cersei in body count! I like how the Hound is doing some introspection...examining his life and "What am I here for" questions...I think that red headed Wildling has a crush on Brienne!

Also, Sam discovered the primary source of Dragon glass and sent off a message that undoubtedly Jon Snow will get...this sets up a meeting between him and Khaleesi since thats where she landed with her fleet...OK...So now what? Who will throw in with the Lannisters? Arya took out the entire Walter Frey contingent....I cant think of anybody besides the Iron Islanders and maybe Littlefinger? Both and all not trustworthy in the least...

I think the 'Gift' Greyjoy referred to is going to go kidnap Tyrion!...Its Him she hates the most! What else could it be? What other gift would capture her heart? The Starks are too far north and too far inland for seafarers...Also, seems Jorah Mormont wound up at the Citadel looking for a cure for that skin ailment..There was a lot in it..I had to watch it twice....

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a brilliant season set up with a Great opener! Pound for pound, Arya is second only to Cersei in body count! I like how the Hound is doing some introspection...examining his life and "What am I here for" questions...I think that red headed Wildling has a crush on Brienne!

Also, Sam discovered the primary source of Dragon glass and sent off a message that undoubtedly Jon Snow will get...this sets up a meeting between him and Khaleesi since thats where she landed with her fleet...OK...So now what? Who will throw in with the Lannisters? Arya took out the entire Walter Frey contingent....I cant think of anybody besides the Iron Islanders and maybe Littlefinger? Both and all not trustworthy in the least...

The biggest thing I took from all this is the Hound would make a great metal detectorist.
How the heck he was able to dig such a big, deep hole in frozen ground is beyond me.

The biggest thing I took from all this is the Hound would make a great metal detectorist.
How the heck he was able to dig such a big, deep hole in frozen ground is beyond me.

The Hound dont have the patience to hunt or dig for silver!....He simply kills people that already have it and easily takes it from them! Plus, with that goofy burnt up ear, headsets would be extremely uncomfortable for Him! :laughing::laughing:

I will say the boats in this episode were very cool...especially that main fleet ship of Greyjoys...I cant believe I know so damn much about this! I even made up lyrics to the opening GOT soundtrack! They are pretty awful as you can imagine! :laughing::laughing:

I wish Martin would just FINISH THE DARN BOOKS! While the tv show is really good, the books are infinitely better. Had to wait 6 years for book 5, already been six years SINCE book five. Hell, Robert Jordan finished his series before Martin, and he died with three books to go.

Opening of last night's show was amazing. In my opinion, much better than the extra-curricular activities at Balor's Sept at the end of last season.

In the end, Gregor will be killed by Sandor. If someone other than him got to kill Gregor, he would go on an unprecedented rampage through Westeros.

I'm going to guess that john snow and Khaleesi are related somehow and will team up and kill just a few people this season...

Yes. His aunt. This is one of the underlying reasons why the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire". An eternal battle between the Lord of Light (fire) and the Great Other (ice), The House of Stark (Ice) and the House of Targaryen (Fire) - and how this all started because of Lyanna Stark, Rhaegar Targaryen - and of course the jealousy of Robert Baratheon who was hopelessly in love with Lyanna. Robert started his rebellion not because of injustice and insanity of Aerys II Targaryen, but because his belief that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. And now, you have John Snow, who is has the blood of both (Ice and Fire).

Yeah, it was a brilliant season set up with a Great opener! Pound for pound, Arya is second only to Cersei in body count!

Do not discount the shear body count racked up by Littlefinger. In Westeros, it is he and Varys that control events. The current state of Westeros is mostly due to Littlefinger. The two of them are opposing forces. One wished to bring order to the realm, the other wants to foment chaos and rebuild the realm in his image.

I think that red headed Wildling has a crush on Brienne!

I wish they had given Tormund the same personality in the tv show he had in the books. Truly, a larger than life individual who could give the "Most Interesting Man in the World" a run for his money. I think Tormund and Brienne would get along just find - though - she would have to disregard her high born nature and live a bit on the "wild" side.

I cant think of anybody besides the Iron Islanders and maybe Littlefinger? Both and all not trustworthy in the least...

Littlefinger is a huge unknown. He controls the armies of the Vale. Up until they took the field in the battle between Bolton and Snow, they had remained on the sidelines and is probably the largest intact army in the seven kingdoms at the moment (Probably only rivaled by the army of Dorne which has been largely inactive up to now - and of course not including the Targaryen army, which includes three large, flying flame throwers, or the every growing, never dying army of the Great Other).

Littlefinger is playing his own game. He is often underestimated and discredited due to his common upbringing and his small stature. Other than Sansa, no one really knows what Littlefinger wants or what he is really capable of.

I think he is going to try to set Sansa against John to destabilize the North. Littlefinger does not like stability that is not on his terms.

I think the 'Gift' Greyjoy referred to is going to go kidnap Tyrion!...Its Him she hates the most! What else could it be? What other gift would capture her heart?

A Dragon Horn. Not a horn that belonged to a dragon. A horn that when blown that will control dragons. Presumably possessed by the Great Houses of Valyria before the cataclysm that destroyed the Valyrian Empire. In the books, Euron already possesses such an item and gave it to his brother Victarion (who doesn't seem to appear in the show). Just for the record, I hate how they characterized Euron in the show. They cast him more like a showman than the dark and to the point individual that he is in the books.

The Starks are too far north and too far inland for seafarers...

That didn't stop the Iron Born from pillaging the North before Theon's series of unfortunate events. There is plenty of coast line along the North.

"Yes. His aunt. This is one of the underlying reasons why the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire". An eternal battle between the Lord of Light (fire) and the Great Other (ice), The House of Stark (Ice) and the House of Targaryen (Fire) - and how this all started because of Lyanna Stark, Rhaegar Targaryen - and of course the jealousy of Robert Baratheon who was hopelessly in love with Lyanna. Robert started his rebellion not because of injustice and insanity of Aerys II Targaryen, but because his belief that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. And now, you have John Snow, who is has the blood of both (Ice and Fire)."
Best explanation i have heard, wow!

Poindexters living in the 'Land of Make Believe' here!! :laughing::laughing: Gosh, we all gotta get together at Comicon sometime! :laughing:

I would get arrested a Comicon, mostly because I would not be able restrain myself and keep my mouth shut - it is that whole "You have the right to remain silent" but not having the ability to do so.

Things like Comicon bring back bad memories of when I was in college and I was witness to the Trekkies debating and then arguing about how the Federation from Star Trek would fare against the Empire from Star Wars. I really lost faith in humanity in that one moment.

Don't get me wrong. I love all kinds of things from the world of geekdom - Fantasy, some Sci-Fi, Anime, Math, programming languages, Circuit theory, Emag theory, Chess, Tabletop gaming, etc. However, these are hobbies, not a lifestyle. (well, to be fair, the programming thing is a lifestyle - it is my job)

Poindexters living in the 'Land of Make Believe' here!! :laughing::laughing: Gosh, we all gotta get together at Comicon sometime! :laughing:

I've never seen "Game of Thrones" (don't have HBO) but was just thinking if you went to Comicon maybe they might show some pics of
how the actors relax during their breaks in between filming, maybe something like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
got3.jpggot2.jpggot1.jpg

The Whitewalkers got giants now

This should be of no surprise, since there was a Giant at Hardholme when John first met the Night King and was given the greatest "F-U" in television history.

Many people across the inter-tubes wondered in Wun-Wun was one of those Giants. Of course, the answer is "No" since he was last seen fighting outside of Winterfell, while the Night King's army is still beyond the wall and heading to Eastwatch by the Sea.

It is worth noting that as the Army of the Night has moved south towards the wall (driving the Wildlings and Giants south), they killed everyone they came across - human and giant alike - and as we all know, people are just dying to join the Army of the Night.

:laughing: Everybody has a certain amount of Global Domination Aspirations! We came up with a Game back during my brief stint in College...We took Risk, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuits and slammed them all together!....The thing was, you could table talk and form alliances, trade properties, assets and liabilities like GOOJF cards, Railroads, etc to team up and attack somebody else!...

It wasnt about the luck of the roll and brute force, Like Risk or Monopoly alone, it required some diplomatic finesse and a deep base of worthless Trivial knowledge! Where Trivial P came in, You had to answer the question correctly before every roll of the dice or lost your turn! It was freaking something! A weaker hand could prevail against a consortium of threats IF he had a depth of Trivial knowledge!! Of course this was back in the 70's and we were all pretty damn baked...! :laughing:

Detectorists are essentially a form of High end LARPERS...Live Action Role Play....Homemade gear, made up character names, magic wands, Out hunting for mythological treasure! Costumes and all! Oh gosh! We sure need to get our butts kicked by somebody!:laughing: In fact, I may just go outside right now and kick my own butt on the principle of the whole thing!

Detectorists are essentially a form of High end LARPERS...Live Action Role Play....Homemade gear, made up character names, magic wands, costumes and all! Oh gosh! We sure need to get our butts kicked by somebody!:laughing: In fact, I may just go outside right now and kick my own butt on the principle of the whole thing!

I have found MudPuppy's true Identity! Lightning Bolt!

Back
Top Bottom