My laptop is making funny noises(not funny)

scoundrel

six feet under(water)
It's been doing this for a while. It sounds like a printer that is printing a document. Is it dying? How long does it have?:(

I agree... when my HD was about to fail it got pretty noisy and then poof no more anything...

If it is as loud as you say it is, then chances are it is not your hard drive. More than likely it is a bad fan. If your system is under warranty, back up the data and send it in, if it's not, bring it in to geek squad our something similar and they will either fix it for you or tell you they can't. If the fan is bad, something is not getting cooled (video card, cpu, etc.) And will die sooner or later.either way, get your files backed up.

Back up all yer data before she blows!

What he said! Save any files you have to another HDD or USB stick or something - how old is your computer? HDDs don't tend to last beyond 5 years, some last way longer. But that's pushing it. I've got an SSD in my desktop, super fast and no worry about it crashing and wearing out.

Yep harddrive. Same thing happened to my netbook. The harddrive blew. Was still under warranty and Hp sent me a new one. But i lost all my stuff....

What is the name brand and model of your laptop? You may need to create system recovery disk if they did not come with your computer which most don't now. Look on the botom of your laptop you may see where the hard drive goes and if you have those recovery disk you may be able just to switch out your drive then install the new drive and install the operating system from the recovery disk. Plus, how old is the computer you have and the operating system?
Best Wishes,

I did do computer repair but the prices of new computers are so cheap now I don't repair them anymore. Best Buy charges apx $90 just to look at them and then tell you what is wrong and then you must pay the additional cost of the repair.

Does it sound like an Emergency Broadcast Signal? Just worried for you pal, THEY may be closing in on you... We'd miss you, but I'm sure we'd find the FEMA camp you'd be in sooner or later.

Are you running a disc when it makes this noise? I have been working on computers since the late 70s, still have a business doing it. For a fellow detector though, you have complete access to any knowledge I have. PM me if you wish, and I will give you my Contact...Acers and Toshibas are Notorious for noises, that doesn't mean its croaking.

I am not running a disk. The computer is a Dell inspiron 1525, running windows vista. It is about 7 years old. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom