Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

Swinglow

Not really sure , im sure OBN won't take on any stampede's , but ya never know :shock: what Joe has going on at the ranch :twister::lol2: Ps It's all Top Secret , as i am in the OBN Loose Lips Sink Ship's Club :lol:

Nice research... could you find the video's for the pulse devil so we can compare detectors :D

It was even more elusive than the pulse devil, it was the "Surf Devil..."

And Craig, who is the one with the "modified PI" that can find rings over 24 inches??? Let me guess... Stock coil, headphones and no internal modification. Maybe a bit more juice from the battery... Guess I better keep modding my machines... Something to shoot for...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US7710118B2/en

Last edited:
I tried my GP Extreme at Laguna today. The raking tractor worked the area Friday. Tent stakes, bottle caps, and a few quarters >3 scoops deep. Discrimination is better than depth.

It was even more elusive than the pulse devil, it was the "Surf Devil..."

And Craig, who is the one with the "modified PI" that can find rings over 24 inches??? Let me guess... Stock coil, headphones and no internal modification. Maybe a bit more juice from the battery... Guess I better keep modding my machines... Something to shoot for...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US7710118B2/en

I'll own it. Yeah that's right. THE KOB !!!! A little more battery juice , but not that much. Internal tweakage is paramount. But here's a bigger secret Sandy , try a hearing aid in conjunction with your headphones ! Or maybe a Q-tip before hitting beach....measure some of the holes you dig , 2 feet ain't that much. You'd be surprised.

2’ holes on a ring ....you don’t think that’s deep??? PROPERLY pin pointed I don’t know a machine that will do that.

2’ holes on a ring ....you don’t think that’s deep??? PROPERLY pin pointed I don’t know a machine that will do that.
2 feet is deep. But not how some here make it sound. They think it's IMPOSSIBLE. All I'm saying is take a tape measure out. Properly pinpointed ? Who really knows. Nobody. Lots of variables on that one. Also I don't have an x-ray machine for the beach (yet). Many here talk about finds at 14,16,18 inches. Yet 2 feet is out of the question. What a joke. I'm actually glad some people think like this. Unwilling to think beyond and how to get there. More goodies for me !

2 feet is deep. But not how some here make it sound. They think it's IMPOSSIBLE. All I'm saying is take a tape measure out. Properly pinpointed ? Who really knows. Nobody. Lots of variables on that one. Also I don't have an x-ray machine for the beach (yet). Many here talk about finds at 14,16,18 inches. Yet 2 feet is out of the question. What a joke. I'm actually glad some people think like this. Unwilling to think beyond and how to get there. More goodies for me !

I have recovered rings from other hunters holes... I happened upon a hole a number years ago... it was 2 or 3 feet deep another 3 feet around... I inverted my DF coil and discovered the ring was in the side wall about 10 inches down...

I'm not saying its impossible to get 2 feet... anything is possible in this hobby.. I know I have recovered gold down about 18 inches but never two feet... I don't think I would want to...

I read a post earlier in year on this forum from a guy using a Nox digging down 2 feet that was just bad PPing in my opinion.. I watched his video and it was painful to watch to be honest.

2” is game changing in this hobby.....but 2’...I’m from MO. I’d have to see it done on a GOLD ring...period. I’d dare say the MDT I use will get about 18” on a good size gold ring....in the salt water. But that’s 6” deeper. I don’t think so. If I can hear it I’ll dig it. Anyone finding a gold ring is likely blowing smoke IMO.

I have recovered rings from other hunters holes... I happened upon a hole a number years ago... it was 2 or 3 feet deep another 3 feet around... I inverted my DF coil and discovered the ring was in the side wall about 10 inches down...

I'm not saying its impossible to get 2 feet... anything is possible in this hobby.. I know I have recovered gold down about 18 inches but never two feet... I don't think I would want to...

I read a post earlier in year on this forum from a guy using a Nox digging down 2 feet that was just bad PPing in my opinion.. I watched his video and it was painful to watch to be honest.
Yes , that does happen where it can be in the sidewall and it falls down. Or a guy just gives up. But if I'm 18 down and it's still a good solid small signal , why not take out 2 or 3 more scoops ? I don't like to be defeated like that. I think where you hunt the sand conditions are much different though.
These kinds of digs I refer to don't happen often. Only on rare occasions , when conditions permit. But do happen. That's why in a prior post on this thread , I commented on be careful what you wish for. No , I don't like digging deep holes. And sometimes when I do walk away from one , I'm always asking myself "I wonder what was in that hole ". I just hate to give up like that.

Yes , that does happen where it can be in the sidewall and it falls down. Or a guy just gives up. But if I'm 18 down and it's still a good solid small signal , why not take out 2 or 3 more scoops ? I don't like to be defeated like that. I think where you hunt the sand conditions are much different though.
These kinds of digs I refer to don't happen often. Only on rare occasions , when conditions permit. But do happen. That's why in a prior post on this thread , I commented on be careful what you wish for. No , I don't like digging deep holes. And sometimes when I do walk away from one , I'm always asking myself "I wonder what was in that hole ". I just hate to give up like that.

Everyone's conditions are not the same so I will not question your post... I know how deep pulse machines can be having hunted with them for many years... they haven't made a multi-frequency that can compete with a pulse in someones hands who knows what they are doing... these guys who use multi-frequency are missing a lot no matter what they think...

My Excal even the mods will not compete with a quality pulse machine.

Everyone's conditions are not the same so I will not question your post... I know how deep pulse machines can be having hunted with them for many years... they haven't made a multi-frequency that can compete with a pulse in someones hands who knows what they are doing... these guys who use multi-frequency are missing a lot no matter what they think...

My Excal even the mods will not compete with a quality pulse machine.

Absolutely ! Even though my Nox is about 6 months old , I feel that I have it down pretty well. It's a very good machine. But there is NO WAY that machine compares to my pulse. Especially when it comes to depth. Sure I dig more trash with the PI. Then again , I still dig trash with the Nox. Unless I want to start notching or discriminate. Which I won't do because after my years of experience - I will miss out on something good. The biggest difference the Nox has ( in my world ) is that it will pickup small gold chains. Where as my PI has a little more trouble with if I'm swinging fast.

Absolutely ! Even though my Nox is about 6 months old , I feel that I have it down pretty well. It's a very good machine. But there is NO WAY that machine compares to my pulse. Especially when it comes to depth. Sure I dig more trash with the PI. Then again , I still dig trash with the Nox. Unless I want to start notching or discriminate. Which I won't do because after my years of experience - I will miss out on something good. The biggest difference the Nox has ( in my world ) is that it will pickup small gold chains. Where as my PI has a little more trouble with if I'm swinging fast.

One thing the Nox will teach you is how many gold rings fall deeper in the hole while you are digging and disappear. Had way too many targets disappear after a couple scoops. The Nox stinks at reading gold rings on edge. I usually dig about 5 scoops down with the Nox after a target disappears. Only to find it was a gold ring. Has way more issues than a hot excal 1000 or a CTX on deep stuff. At least where i hunt since i compare notes with my friends using a Nox who have been detecting for over 40 years.

One thing

Larry , I have had targets disappear to , but learned a trick , dig -one more scoop , bam , there is the target , strange, but I have did it time after time.

Larry , I have had targets disappear to , but learned a trick , dig -one more scoop , bam , there is the target , strange, but I have did it time after time.

Yeah we have sugar sand with few shells and no rock. It may go down more than one scoop deep after you loosen the ground? Plus i think like a wet sand hour glass effect it can slide off the scoop if it is towards the end. May be the one time a 90 degree scoop may help? Not much advantage with the pulse units i have tried in our sand. Maybe this unit will be deep if they come out with it while i am still young enough to walk:lol:

Larry

+1 The way I get stiff after a hunt at 59 feels like I am 75, I am joining a gym this month , hope after I get back , this helps with the stiffness , from lifting weights from 1978 to 2010 than stopping I notice everything goes South :laughing: as far as the machine coming out before we both can't walk :thumbsup:

Well

Was it October Rick :?::lol: When Fisher sky dives out of a plane over Vegas with the AQ , or is it a November :turkey: I like October better :pumpkins: better howbought it :D

Larry....... i understand what you are saying about not much advantage with a PI in your area. Its much like i said.......if the targets are there you MIGHT gain by this machine, BUT.... if you have 2' or more sand pushed in nothing is getting down there without sand movement.

SSC....interesting read about Dave Emery..... i did a google on him and got even more info. Shame his machine just never got to us. Wonder why? To expensive for any company to take on at the time? OR was someone waiting until his patents expired to use the info?

Back
Top Bottom