New from the Hudson Valley, NY

kkekckbk

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and the hobby. Recently purchased a DFX 300. Hoping to learn how to use it well and put it to good use.

Any advice and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Bill

welcome I use to live in Hyde Park and retired as a Detective from the City of Poughkeepsie police dept after twenty years way back in 1989. Moved to the sunny south at that time.....

It will take time

I've only been at this for 5months but I'm loving it. My unit, a BH #505 took me about a good month to learn most of it's quarks. All the advice I've received here has been great. Best advice..dig everything!

Hey, welcome to the forum and the hobby. I also am from the Hudson Valley.
I live in Middletown across the river. My wife went to Arlington High. This area has lots of cool places to go. I would go check out the Duchess fairgrounds in Rhinebeck when the fair is over next week. GOOD LUCK

DS

Hey, welcome to the forum and the hobby. I also am from the Hudson Valley.
I live in Middletown across the river. My wife went to Arlington High. This area has lots of cool places to go. I would go check out the Duchess fairgrounds in Rhinebeck when the fair is over next week. GOOD LUCK

DS

My oldest daughter goes to Arlington High school. I am finding lots of interesting places to hunt. thanks and good luck to you also.

Welcome from MA. Only advice I can give is learn your machine. Play with it in a controlled area(back yard) and lay different items like pennies, dimes, nails on the ground and take note how your machine reacts to the objects via sound and the placement of the coil when the sound goes off.
Another thing I find helpful is reading the manual cover to cover, then using the MD for a good week or so. Then read it again. Play with the MD some more and then read again and so on. At first when I read mine I only understood about 25% of it, but as I played with my machine more and more and reread the manual I started to understand what it was talking about.
Good luck and HH:D

Back
Top Bottom