New to forum

longbow62

Forum Supporter
Hello, I'm Tony a.k.a longbow62 from Arkansas. I have had a detector for a long time. Almost 20 years, but honestly never found much. I have a Whites XLT I bought new in 1998. At first I was very dedicated but after awhile the finds I expected never happened. I have found a few silver dimes, one Indian Head penny, one buffalo nickle, and fair bit of clad coins. I spent most hunts just digging a lot of trash not treasure.

I did get to participate in a metal detector survey and excavation of a historic Michigamea Indian encampment with professional archeologist a few years ago. I found many artifacts with my detector including musket balls, brass tinkling cones, brass scrap, musket parts, etc.. There were a few trade hatchet heads found, but I did not find one of those.

I am really wanting to give detecting another try. I may upgrade in the near future.

Thanks, I am looking forward to learning some stuff from folks on here. Sadly most places house sites I have metal detected are pretty trashy. I have mostly hunted abandoned farm houses. I started out arrowhead hunting years before the metal detecting so I am one of those who likes to find stuff along with the excitement that goes with it.

Welcome from North Central MA! I haven't found much either. Best finds to date was an exterior skeleton key bolt lock and a closed end horse shoe. I have dug a lot of trash. We get to see all the good finds that the more experienced members find on here. What we don't see is the piles of junk that they had to dig to find it. Going out with a member from this board has helped tame the feeling of junk digger down cause even though he finds a lot of old silver and copper, he still digs a lot of junk too. The percentages definitely jump in your favor the more you dig. Stick with it and don't be afraid to ask questions. I probably drove Cellrdwellr nuts the first time out. :D

Welcome from South Shore, MA.
Lower your expectations of a find...... PLAN on pull tabs and trash,
them silver dimes will look great when you find one.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom