MKE-MDG Milwaukee Metal Detecting Group - 7PM on the 1st Tuesday of each Month

Randy, you are such a ham!
What happened to the automatic pictures I "captured" after yelling capture! at your phone???
Great time as always guys:yes:
Next months meeting will be December 6th at 7:00

I have plans on coming to the Dec meeting to meet everyone but I ended up get some temporary work. Anyway I should be done with that in time to start coming in March. See you all then

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

How about for next months meeting we bring types of foreign coins found or coin rings that where found ?

I have been detecting for over 7 years now and have never been to a single meeting.

This is because the nearest club meets about 3 hours away:no:

After speaking with three other forum members, i think there is enough interest to start a club here.

I am sure there are at least 50 forum members within a 30 minute drive.

Please post if you would be interested in getting together one night a month for a bite to eat and some good discussions about detecting.

I know the owner of a Diner in Milwaukee who said we could use their meeting room as well.

Let me know if this is worth my while and I will be happy to head it up!

The Madison club is closer for you. They meet on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the airport VFW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Madison club is closer for you. They meet on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the airport VFW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I live just south of Oak Creek, so Madison is too far.

Surprise, I actually started my own club and this is it!
We meet the first Tuesday of each month, have about 8-10 guys and we give away Walker halves for prizes.

Come on down:yes:

Had a great time also! Nice to meet new members. Hope to see everyone next month and hope everyone has good luck hunting. Thanks again to Matt for starting up the club 👍

Coming up on the one year anniversary of the MKE-MDG club meetings lets makes this a good one and have a good turnout. A few more days to hunt before the meeting happy hunting. Once again thanks Matt for getting this going.

I'm interested in coming to a meeting

Woud someone please message me with the date and location of the next meeting? I would like to attend to meet some of the other detectorists in the milwaukee area.

Jim

Woud someone please message me with the date and location of the next meeting? I would like to attend to meet some of the other detectorists in the milwaukee area.

Jim

We meet at the Oak Creek Diner on 13th Street just 2 blocks north of Rawson.
The meeting is tomorrow night, the first Tuesday of the month.
Hope to see you there:D

I just noticed that this thread has over 10,000 views:shock:

Maybe I should put up somthing more exciting for everybody to look at.
One year of meetings, some nice prizes, and a fantastic opportunity to meet some new guys and hear their stories.

Thanks everybody:D
See you on July 11th

Seeded hunt

Tonight we have our first seeded hunt and 12 members showed up, what a blast!
CS1 and I buried 95 coins: 30 Merc's, 50 wheats, 10 injuns and 5 buffs.
Altogether, in 90 minutes, we found 66 coins, leaving 29 behind. naturally 3-4 guys stayed and are still looking for these:D
This was my first seeded hunt and it was more fun than I expected.
Before the hunt began, RLuna dug a wheat at over 6" (ours were only 1-2" deep - go Randy!
We had a couple "rules"
The first buff turned in would win a Walker half, but that person had to sit out for 5 minutes in order to collect it.
The second buff turned in would win a Washington quarter, no takers.
Looking forward to our next regular meeting on October 3rd.
Happy Hunting Everybody:D

Attachments

• hunt 1.jpg
    hunt 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 691
  • hunt 2.jpg
    hunt 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 719
Never did a seeded hunt before and always thought that I wouldn't enjoy
trying to find planted coins. Boy was I wrong.....It was a blast!!!
We should do a couple of these a year!

Back
Top Bottom