Permissions from out of town/state

juggernaut0055

There are several properties I would love to get permission to hunt, some are owned by "such and such" corp, ltd, bank, or other type entity. I thought about writing to the address listed and just flat out offer to pick up trash and act as their ambassador of sorts and keep those who don't belong there out in exchange to simply be allowed to detect. Have any of you reached out in this way?

And what about individual owners that live out of state? What was your approach? did it work? lol

Think it would hard to get permission on company owned land, seems like the just want to sit on it. Usually have a local property management company take care of it. Can't hurt to try, but think a phone call would be more effective than a letter or Email, which would likely go unanswered.

There is a pretty large piece of commercial property near me, kept mowed. There use to be some sort of building there, but just a foundation now. Lived here since 1986, and there has never been a building or business. It gets used for parking occasionally. I let my dog off the leash, and let him run some. Thought about just going for it many times. Be tough to chase down an owner, no 'For Sale' sign ever posted, and not really sure about the physical address, it's along side a highway.

Pretty sure cleared, undeveloped land, owner by people out of state, probably would get you into too much trouble. I just haven't run out of places to hunt, to take risks.

I've detected places like that in the past...more often than not no one cares...but that one time when they do...just do like I do

Yell. "BOMB" and take off running...has worked the last two times anyway...

Back
Top Bottom