HEAT and internal Sovereign battery charging.. Problem?

Jressman

Elite Member
In the process of waterproofing this Sovereign, I think I'd like to not have to open my waterproof box if I can help it. Therefore I'd like to be able to internally charge my battery. The only thing is it gets HOT when I charge it normally. Not super hot, but quite warm. I know heat is a big killer of electronics so I want to be careful. I'm also going to be using Lithium Ion battery's if I can find them.

I'm thinking a kill switch to cut battery power to the main board during charging, and running wires with a capped plug externally to connect to the charger, perhaps out the back of the shaft.

Still not sure if the heat produced from the battery charging will do damage to the main board because its air and water tight sealed.

Anyone know if Lithium battery's charge coor? My CTX lithium battery creates much less heat when charging and same with my iPhone which has me thinking that lithium batteries charge cooler.

The 2200mah lipo I use gives off almost no heat when charging. I don't know if it may vary depending on the charger/charge rate you use...

Got the batteries from eBay and I'm using a friends lipo charger. Batteries and chargers are everywhere, just gotta look around for good and reliable deals. I'm interested in seeing how long the 2200mah lasts in my sovereign. I'm hoping forever!! Lol

Think it's gonna get hotter than that just from sunlight. Excalibur battery pod heats up during charging. never felt like it was going to blow up or anything.

Back
Top Bottom