Storage of detector

mws_1984

Elite Member
I haven't been hunting in like 2 years. When I wrapped things up I just put my detector in closet. Batteries removed of course. Now is there anything else I should have done to it before storage. Was just thinking if I decide to get back into it, watch I'll go to use it and something will be wrong with it. Hopefully not the case, but I'm paranoid.

Myself I would have sold it, couple, 5 years, the technology will have jumped leaps, better to buy new then...IMO

Jim

Well the way I got the detector I have was to sell an older one I had for almost what it cost new. Person wanted one badly enough. Then I just shelled over like $50 to a guy for something else. I'd love to get a newer one but not happening anytime soon. Not a priority. Plus I haven't been out in a few years. So tends to be a trend. I have hobbies that I don't have time for lol.

Drain the fuel tank and put a car cover on it..

Jk

Batteries removed and stored in a heated house closet is just fine.

I haven't been hunting in like 2 years. When I wrapped things up I just put my detector in closet. Batteries removed of course. Now is there anything else I should have done to it before storage. Was just thinking if I decide to get back into it, watch I'll go to use it and something will be wrong with it. Hopefully not the case, but I'm paranoid.

Nah that should be good. Perhaps remove the rods and coil and put it in a box to protect it from getting knocked around or falling over while in the closet hibernating. Look forward to you getting back to the hobby!

Kind regards,

Russ

If I go two days without hunting I go crazy, two years kill me!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

It's like I want to get out. But I just don't have anywhere good to go. Kind of got old just finding clad. My last time out was a disaster. Guy I was with hitting silver, me nothing. Then came a battery issue, plus it was rainy. So I think my batteries were weak, changed them. Then ended up busting a connector for the 9v.

Other than the batteries, my biggest fear would be breaking it. I used to put mine in a corner between hunts, till it fell over, I tripped over it, and I broke the coil by stepping on it. I agree with RB Det. that a box or some other method to protect it would be good. I made a rack to hang mine up on. Curt

This post came at the right time for me. Living in MA also the cold white $#*!! is gonna be on its way soon!! Time to put Detector up till spring :(. All I planned on doing was removing the Batteries but after reading this post the coil makes sense. I'm gonna disassemble it and store it in its original box!!

My 2 detectors put in "Stand by" for the winter .....:roll::no:

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 178
This post came at the right time for me. Living in MA also the cold white $#*!! is gonna be on its way soon!! Time to put Detector up till spring :(. All I planned on doing was removing the Batteries but after reading this post the coil makes sense. I'm gonna disassemble it and store it in its original box!!

Hopefully your winter season passes quickly and you soon find yourself back out detecting.

Kind regards,

Russ

Back
Top Bottom